atheists/theists.... why do i feel...?

that many atheists are behaving like a bully who tells a three year old there is no santa, pokes the kid in the eye, steals all his presents and leaves him in a puddle of tears? if you sincerely believe there is no god/devil, why not direct the person to what can help them have the power to live another day, or feel there is a purpose to all this... no i not saying it is your responsibility to make the person feel good, but you are sure making the effort for them to feel bad... if you truly are 'educating' them for the greater 'good' then do it out of 'love' and not anger... ( this goes to SOME, not all atheists)

theists why is it i feel you are the neighborhood kid who steals the presents and then holds them ransom till the little kid gives in to your demands? if a person was given freewill by god who are you to force them to do what YOU wish, while every other religious faction is waiting in a line behind you, to have their chance to hold ransom the presents? realize if god allows freewill and if YOU believe in this god, then who are YOU to take it away? (this is to SOME theist.)

clearly some do not understand what the mean of the word 'some' means...

also there seems to be SOME out there that are suffering from a 'god' complex and believe that their disrespect of others is their sole purpose of life... what a sad life...

Best Answer

I think sometimes we all are a little misguided on how we handle these situations. We let our passion for our beliefs take control. Everyone has a need to be understood, and both sides feel they see it more clearly. Both sides feel an urgency to change this world, and not everyone is equipped to change the world properly. Of course, the atheist side is more concerned about how religion affects us now and the greater good of the moment, while theists are more concerned about what they consider the afterlife. But as I was saying, not everyone knows how to be an effective speaker/persuader, and many people let repressed emotions take control. You just can't take it personally. "It's not you, it's me." ;)

"...why not direct the person to what can help them have the power to live another day or feel there is a purpose to all this..."

I am. The *only* one who can give a person a "purpose" or the power to live another day is themselves. Nobody else can do it for them, certainly not some imaginary god.

I don't understand why you seem to think pointing out that santa isn't real (he isn't, you know) is "bullying." I don't steal anything, I don't beat anybody up, I don't harm anyone -- I'm just pointing out reality. Understanding reality and dealing with it as it is is MUCH more productive and constructive than living in a fantasy world and ignoring the reality that there are no magical gods. That's not bullying...it's just the way it is.

Frankly, I really don't care what anybody believes or doesn't believe. But when they believe in imaginary things and then take actions based on that belief that harms me and the world I live in, I'm going to oppose them. Getting them to recognize reality is a good first step.

Peace.

I completely agree with you, my whole life I have felt like the Theist people I know have always been telling me that the way I lead my life is wrong, the things I believe are wrong and that I'm going to hell.

However, I can't say the same of Atheists, every atheist I know is a kind and good person, I think the reason that some atheists get so angry about the god argument is because quite a few of us were raised from children to be religious, and in some of us it has had a detrimental effect.

Source(s): Raised as a christian, attended church and went to a christian school. Turned atheist aged 12.
  • Noreen

I suspect that anti - theists are radical atheists so are our ' fundies '. I do find this a little worrying because just as atheists can end up tarring all theists with the same brush, theists will start judging atheists with the same distaste. Sensible debate cannot take place in this atmosphere of animosity.

Telling an adult that there is no God, no Santa and no Tooth Fairy is directing them towards those things that would help them, understanding reality and the truth is essential knowledge and knowledge is power.

Religion is a control device that uses ignorance and fear to get the flock to obey the shepherd. Nobody should be controlled should they ?

It just makes slaves out of people.

Because you have not bothered to even look at what is happening and rushed to judgment!!

Seen any other religion and atheists in conflict? Of course not since they all live in peace and acceptance of each other and are only attacked by christians!!!

It takes in reality only one to make a quarrel. It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion. - William Ralph Inge.

Attack provokes defense and at times other reactions but you need to recognize who the attackers are here!!

Internet forums are a minefield. There's a decent chance that anything you say is going to ruffle someone's feathers, and likewise you'll have your own ruffled.

That's the territory, proceed at your own risk.

Telling a three year old there is no Santa is one thing. But if a fully grown adult is sobbing and insisting there IS a Santa, he deserves to be *****-slapped. Pity is wasted on spoiled brats; what they need most is tough love.

How am I "forcing" anyone to do anything?

This is an internet board. People ask questions and get answers here. Nobody is being ordered at gunpoint.

• Avery

Stop worrying about other people and start worrying about yourself.

Theist, atheist, or agnostic- all people are both good and bad. It's just life.

Source(s): Now shut up and enjoy your internet.