promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Ralph Emerson's quote on service; need help with meaning?

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have to do a report on this and i have no idea where/how to start.

Please help start a discussion? :)

Thanks in advance

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tiana, perhaps this will help you a bit,

When God measures man, He puts the tape around the heart instead of the head for if there's is no truer measure of a man than by what he does, it is by what he gives. We can speak kind words but without kind deeds they often sound mighty sick. So be kind to everyone and remember, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. One final word Tiana, most of the world's misery is caused by being unkind to those who live with us.

Hope this will aid you in your endeavors.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Are you you? Or are you transformed to satisfy your peers expectancies? When you sleep and while you wake...do you consider or suppose confict over an motion or a time? If so, you don't seem to be pondering for your self or you're no longer being your self and have got to make strides to be the character you suppose you will have to be while you near your eyes and consider on my own. Personality: Are you YOU or what others consider you will have to be... Identity: If you met your self in a crowd with out sight and with out all that that's typed above (and having handiest feeling) might you be ready to decide on your self from the gang?

• 1 decade ago

I think it means that your big payback (compensation) for helping others is the happiness it brings you for having helped someone. It is, after all, a very rewarding experience to help others. :-)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.