Is Yahoo Answers Destroying the Integrity of Factual Information on the Web?

In the days before Yahoo Answers, a query on a search engine such as Google phrased in the form of a question yielded variable results, but typically and ideally found a website that actually dealt with the content of the question. But within the last few years, I've noticed an increasing tendency for... show more In the days before Yahoo Answers, a query on a search engine such as Google phrased in the form of a question yielded variable results, but typically and ideally found a website that actually dealt with the content of the question. But within the last few years, I've noticed an increasing tendency for question-phrased queries to yield links to a plethora of Yahoo Answers Q&A's. It can be very frustrating to be seeking legitimate information and to be buried under a slew of poor quality, sub-standard answers from children, airheads, and snotty self-important know-it-alls. It seems to me that Yahoo Answers has an unfair and unjustified monopoly on search engine queries that has degraded the integrity of searches for factual information. It represents a step backward for the world wide web as a whole. Giving people points and rewards for writing the most popular answer does not ensure factual integrity. Yes, I realize the irony of posting this question on Yahoo Answers.