promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

why can't i lose weight? am i doing something wrong?

i run AT LEAST two miles every second day or so and i eat about 1000 calories each day.. i drink lots of water, eat fresh fruits and veggies, and i get a ton of sleep... i have had this routine for a little bit more than a month and i've dropped ZERO pounds.. none.. nothing. and i don't understand why. what am i doing wrong

Update:

btw my portions are probably smaller than they should be.

Update 2:

OKAY.

i weigh 140, i'm 5ft7, 18 years old,.. used to weigh 118 this time last year. my portions are good, my eating habits are good, meaning i don't eat when i'm bored, etc...

3 Answers

Relevance
  • -
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Your BMI is roughly 22 and use to be 18.5.

At 18.5 your just on the cusp of being underweight which is dangerous. A 1000 calories a day is actually too little. Starving yourself slows down your metabolism and will actually cause yourself to store more fat.

Now, the first thing you need to do is ask yourself what really are your goals?

Do you just want to loose weight?

Are you training for a sport?

Are you running for cardiovascular health?

Or do you want to look good?

You need ask yourself why are you doing what your doing?

If you just want to loose weight you got to cut out the pointless low intensity cardio, it's probable that that it's causing you to store fat not burn it. Low to moderate intensity running is cardiovascular workout not a fat burning one. Think of it this way when you started a month ago your body was inefficient machine. Picture a car, what you wanted to do was remove all the weight you had stored boot, what you've actually done is tuned up the engine. This in itself is not bad but it's not your goal.

So what do you need to do? To burn fat you have to pump up the intensity. What I would recommend is HIIT High-intensity interval training. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me3k3Pxbbto

Youtube thumbnail

If you want to look good you got to think about what makes people look good. Is loosing weight or being toned? Just loosing weight won't make you look good. You don't want to become gaunt. In this case you got to bring in the High-intensity interval training but incorporate it into bodyweight circuit training which will tone you up. Check it out. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO3pcAsC-6Y

Youtube thumbnail

Also from what your saying you've made one of the most common mistakes. Have a look at this. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eEkbG5gil8

Youtube thumbnail

All the best.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • PR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

First, you don't say how much you actually weigh. Are you actually heavy? Have you gone to the doctor to see if you have any health concerns? Check with your doc. Try following the diabetic diet, which includes nice portions of protein.

No soda pop. Eat lots of apples, especially before meals, but don't skip protein. Cut out carbohydrates, which includes wheat products to which you may have developed a resisitance.

• shabo
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Are you exercising 250 minutes per week?

And are your meal portions controlled?

Because fruits, for example, have sugar and can cause weight gain if you eat too much.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.