Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Christians: is the Sunday school teacher an important position in your church?

Childhood is such an opportune time in a person’s life to give them information that will stay with them for life, huh. Sunday school teachers can make or break the next generation of church members, so your denomination doesn’t let just anyone do it, right? The people they choose to be Sunday school teachers have to have certain unique qualities, right? Would no mercy, a lack of compassion and dedication to spreading the dogma of your denomination be some of these qualities that your church leaders look for in Sunday school teachers?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • :D
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

To answer your question...Sunday school teachers are interviewed, screened, and work from a curriculum, usually with the help of others who have been through the same process. I'm sorry you're so angry. I hope the rest of your day gets better.

• 10 years ago

Yes, very much so. There are many positions in the church which do not pay, but youth directing/ Sunday school teaching does pay. At the few churches I have volunteered in the teacher has a few volunteer assistants (I have been one.) The youth are not neglected at all - in fact, I'd say they spend more time on youth than elderly people in my church.

Most teachers I know have a degree or certificate in Religious Education. I have a minor in Religious Ed, but I'm not as qualified as the current teachers are. It's more than just having the knowledge, though, as it's mostly about whether or not the teacher's goals line up with the church's goals. The teacher must be an example of Christian values, yet strict enough to control the classroom.

Good question =)

Source(s): Roman Catholic
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

The main standard for Sunday School teachers at my church is that they be Christ-like.

• Godboy
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

I got in trouble for criticizing the sunday school format.. I don't feel that children should be seperated from the group. Everybody together should attend the sermon and the sermon should also contain an open discussion format

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Had a bad teacher when you were little, huh? Too bad but forgiveness will set you free.

• 10 years ago

yes. they are supposed to guide our little ones and help keep a one-on-one relationship with the people who need one.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

i never had one of those, but my uncle's gf and him study it on sundays for four hours

• ..."Sunday School"...? The Sabbath is from Friday night at sundown to Saturday night at sundown...... Who authorized this change...? (It wasn't God !)

Source(s): The Rock Solid Word of God (YHVH)
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Sunday schools teachers do a good job molesting children, and filling their young minds with lies.

Source(s): Pay attention to the news.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

bitter, eh?

Source(s): atheist.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.