? asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 10 years ago

What to wear? middle school dance?

Hi, I'm a guy and I have 2 last dances for grade 8 coming up.

1 of the dances is just as any other ordinary dance (not sure if formal),

the other is dress up but not formal, they say not to wear jeans.

I haven't gone to any dance before, but have been to many sock hops.

What do I wear for both dances? Also how should I arrive at the dance? By myself, with another friend, or with a date?

I'm a -GUY-, saying this again because I see someone talking about what a girl should wear.

what kind of pants should i wear besides jeans? i will if theres nothing else, but i don't really like khakis.

1 more thing. can i just wear normal shoes or should i wear something special?

Best Answer

Well, my best GUYfriend came to a dance with plaid knee high shorts, a t-shirt with 'Nike' on it, and Red Nike's. :)

That was really cute, and his hair was flipped.

That was the casual dance.

For the last dance, which was the formal, he asked me to go and I said yes. [of course]

He wore his hair slicked back, a white long-sleeved button down, tuxedo pants, and black tuxedo shoes.

He also wore a black and white checkered tie.

I wore a white strapless dress.

And BTW, if you can go with a girl to either dances, that would be greeeeaaatttt.

Everyone wants to have a date, even if its a casual dance.

So I say go for ittttt[:

And you don't have to impress anybody by arriving in a limo.

Just arrive in a car, if you have a girlfriend, then go with her, and act normal.

But, if you don't have a date, just bring a friend, or have your mom drive you alone.

Hope I helped! :)

You should wear black skinny jeans (even though they said no jeans) haha..then wear a button up shirt and a tie with a key color like blue, green, etc. Then wear vans the same color as the tie. It would be great!!! Then arrive with a friend. That makes it more fun..lol.

-Pants: I suggest one of those black dress pants. Slacks, or whatsoever.

-For your shirt: Wear a button up dress shirt. Make sure its not too small (otherwise you'll look kiddy and weird), and make sure its not TOO big like ' tall tees ' .

-Yes, you can wear normal shoes. It looks attractive with Vans, or converse, but whatever you prefer.

-You don't have to go with a girl, but it'll be cute if you do (As in you guys can match?). You could just simply go with a group of friends.

I would just say khakis and nice shirt.

And I think you should arrive with a group of friends. I've done that many times, and I find it the best way.

whatever you want, without holes, and dont sput laxatives in anyones drink, thats how my friend got kicked out of ours

as for formal, a pitch black jacket, a white shirt, and pack a tie just in case

• Ro

try wearing a white or pastel colored dress shirt (no tie) and a black blazer with black trousers. plus a blazer is a formal jacket. make the girls melt, kay?

• Marie

you could wear a cute floral top and skinny jeans with ballet style flats. that is something cute but not too fancy. you can try looking in department stores...or the mall

• Macs31

10" heels and a dress