What do you think about tanning vs. skin bleaching?

which is the lesser of two evils?

• Best Answer

I'm not sure.

They can both be detrimental to one's health.

But I've heard bad things about skin bleaching, and while I could easily be wrong, I get the impression that it just *might* actually be even more damaging than tanning.

..But by all means, it should not be up to me.

If people choose to bleach their skin, then good for them, their health and their choice. Same goes for the people who choose to go tanning.

Though it *would* be much easier if we were all just happy with what we've got, huh..? :-P

• .

they are both pointless.

Why is it seen as bad to be pale. Im very pale and admit trying fake tan before because everyone else tans or wears fake tan and in magazines they are always saying oh pale and ugly, pale and unhealthy looking. Now i just like being pale, though i cant find makeup to match. And skin bleaching is dangerous and pointless too, there is no perfect, right skin colour. The colour you are born with is the colour you are meant to be, no point wasting time and money to change it to what the media tell you is right, its just to make money out of people.

Tanning (in the sun) is better. The sun is our friend and helps us health wise it's the best way to get rid of a cold!

NOt sure. Both show an exteme lack of self esteem, as in the need to change your very skin colour...WTF?

• Miss Q

Well, white people tan and black people bleach. Somewhere in there is a happy medium. That's why God made Italians.

• DCR

Neither are "evil", but both are unhealthy and stupid.

Be happy with who you are :)

\i think they are both preposterous. And both extremely bad for your skin.

Both not good.

Both are stupid and dangerous.