? asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 decade ago

Is the difference between informing and persuading like the difference between teaching and entertaining?

• Bert H
    Favorite Answer

informing - give information

persuading - convincing some person or people, that your belief or conviction is correct.

"I have persuaded my neighbor that his lawn grass is too high, after it was cut, I informed him the height was just right."

'-)

Source(s): author

There is no big difference between informing and persuading but informing is telling someone something and persuading is trying to get a reaction from your audience (make them want to do something about it or atleast think about it).

The level of subjectivity ar factual basis of the information conveyed dictates whether you are merely conveying established fact, or providing the basis for your own subjective viewpoint. You can inform somebody of your subjective viewpoint without persuading, but it is harder.