Does the saying "too dumb to pour pisse out of a boot" apply to the Drill Baby Drill crowd?

My very rural and prolific grandmother used that saying. It means that some people are so stupid that they would peee on themselves, let it trickle into their boots and slosh around in it,

People who are stupid enough to allow an oil company to drill in 5000 feet of water so they can avoid driving small cars and solar collectors on their roofs may well fit that description, especially now that those of us on the Gulf Coast are sloshing around in dinosaur goop.

Drill Baby Drill? Check your boots.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • jdm
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Are you serious?

What are our alternatives? Should I go buy one of the millions of hydrogen cars they've been making? Maybe a hybrid Toyota Accelerator? Maybe even one of the millions of plug in electric cars that they make, because that will surely get me through my 50,000 miles a year of highway driving, right? How about all of those clean, low-sulfur diesels that we have like Europe?

You're not thinking clearly.

Yes, we need to move towards alternatives, but THEY'RE NOT RELIABLE ENOUGH YET.

Is a solar panel going to power my internal combustion car? (zero emissions, btw...don't be so dramatic).

Ever notice how fast Ethanol died off the face of the Earth? Ever wonder why? Go check into the corn subsidies and see how well Ethanol is working, via corn or any other organic for that matter. It's an intensely energetic process that isn't worth the effort by the time it comes to pump it into your gas tank.

What is your alternative jet fuel? Train fuel? Diesel fuel? How about ships?

Assuming we get all of that done, and we literally have no need for using fossil fuels to POWER our internal combustion engines anymore, what are we going to do for lubrication? Surely, you're a very busy billionaire since you seem to have figured that out as well, right?

And really, let's be honest here. Oil is used the world over and even when America can escape fossil fuels, chances are going to be INCREDIBLE that 150 other nations are decades behind us. So now, what we can do is say, "F-them...we're clean" and ignore them. This will no doubt lead to poor quality control as has already been evidenced (I mean really, who's going to be cleaner and more environmentally friendly? Uber-regulated US or China?) So now, not only will we have countries still relying on oil and gas, but they'll be held to whatever quality and prices that the foreign-producers are throwing at them, and we'll no longer have as much of a say as we do now. When America leaves the petroleum industry for good, do you honestly believe that OPEC will give a rat's *** what we think about their pricing? They're going to roll all over the smaller and poorer countries like it happens EVERYTIME a resource is in demand. Even if we presuppose that one of these smaller and developing nations can produce their own, do you think they'll be anywhere near as clean or regulated as in the US? This oil spill will be a joke compared to what a rig full of uneducated poor people could do.

So yes, we do need to get off of fossil fuels, but you're ignorant to think that A) we're ready to do so from a fuel and lubrication standpoint and B) that the world will be a better place when America leaves the petroleum business.

...and we didn't even mention plastics, chemicals or textiles.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

In the past week..

Have we suddenly gotten an infinite supply of energy from somewhere? Has our oil based infrastructure suddenly been converted to pixie dust? Have the inefficient "alternative energy" taken a massive leap in effectiveness?

Well then, nothing has changed. We have the same need for oil we've had for years.

And yet another low IQ liberal gets the beat down from a little bit of reality.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

When you guys stop using anything related to oil and it's by products, I'll listen to your rants. You are perfectly willing to let other countries drill for oil and sell it to us and turn around and fund terrorists with the money. Take your @$$ and your protests to those countries for a while. See how long you last on one of their streets with a protest sign in your sweating little hands. I'll bet your oil consumption is as big as your mouth.

• Karen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Try using a little math in your "logic". Unless the percentage of increase of oil production is equal to the percentage of decrease in oil prices, oil company profits will actually increase. If oil production increased ten fold and oil prices are cut in half, the oil companies would still make five times the profit, a 500% increase just to boggle your mind.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Andy
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

List of things you don't understand:

1. That saying.

2. Offshore drilling.

3. Alternative energy.

4. Formation of fossil fuels.

• 10 years ago

No. Only stupid people think that oil is only used in cars and to heat homes.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

not really, it applies more to the crowd who condemn it but drink from their plastic water bottle and drive the electric car charged from oil or coal and want free health care but do not care that most items in the hospital are derived from petroleum. and the only reason we are deep water drilling is that left nutters do not want to drill in utah or colorado. you are as much to blame as any hummer driving con. own it baby, own it.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

So Palin's failing campaign speech is more remembered than the speech recently given to the one that beat Palin and actually ordered the resumption of drilling?

http://www.realtimetraders.com/Content/TopStories....

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Most alternative energy sources are bogus, just scams faking out people like yourself.

• 10 years ago

I'd say it more applies to the liberal mindset.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.