why are there homosexuality in animals?

I just found it out like a 2 months ago and I think it's really weird. But I wanna find out why are there homosexuality in animals.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is homosexual behavior seen in the animal kingdom, but animals can't be gay. Being gay is just a defect found in humans. Just because one male dog tries to hump another male dog does not make them gay.

• 1 decade ago

Humans are Animals. Homosexuality in Animals of all species is normal and natural. We are born the way we are born no choices involved. Doesn't matter if we're Heterosexual, Homosexual, or whatever. There are many different theories as to why but one of the more common ones is that Homosexuality is Natures Birth Control. It's just one of those things we probably won't ever know. Also, Incest and Cannibalism exist and take place in the Animal Kingdom, primarily amongst other Animal species but the concepts of 'Right' and 'Wrong' are Human concepts. No other Animal has evolved enough to grasp them. One day, perhaps they will. Its just too bad it won't be in this Lifetime.

Source(s): Myself and Science.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

there are not homosexuality in animals. some animals display sexual agression toward others who are lower status than them in a dominance behavior but there are no homosexual animals.

even the vaunted " gay penguins" that the gay activists shot their faces off about for years never had sexual congress and eventually found suitable female mates.

heres the link.....http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,1696…

• 1 decade ago

Why does the sun rise in the east?

Why is an Orange, not red?

Why is it raining today?

I guess somethings in life are just like they are. There are not reasons given for life's little questions. We cant demand an explanation from mother nature.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Because homosexuality actually happens in nature as well as in humans..

Speaks a lot about whether or not gay people have a choice doesn't it?

• 1 decade ago

Well since Homosexuality isn't a choice, so the any human is born the way it is.

• 1 decade ago

There is also cannibalism and incest in the animal kingdom...does that mean we should consider it to be acceptable normal behaviour in humans?

• 1 decade ago

because it is normal!!!

what would the world without gays?

kiss

• 1 decade ago

cuz its part of life

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.