Registered Nurse or Graphic Designer?

a little about myself:      im 19, graduated class of '09 and decided to take a year off before starting colleg to figure out what i really want to do for a living ... and here i am, still without a clue of what i want ...   ok so ive always been pretty good at art, love to draw and i pay alot of attention... show more a little about myself:
     im 19, graduated class of '09 and decided to take a year off before starting colleg to figure out what i really want to do for a living ... and here i am, still without a clue of what i want ...

ok so ive always been pretty good at art, love to draw and i pay alot of attention to detail. you can always find me criticizing a commercial or a bad novela (spanish soap operas *eye roll*), movies or music videos, advertisements of all sorts... ive given alot of thought to the possibility of majoring in graphic/advertising design. i can see myself in that setting BUT the instability of this career is whats holding me back. i want to be able to live a comfortable live-style...id like to find a career that would pay somewhere around $45k+ a year and in Graphic Design nothing is really guaranteed, job opps, salary, etc.... SO ive looked into some other fields like the medical field, things like denist, denal assistant, ultra sound tech, and nursing<<<

now nursing i like more because your actually there in person helping people and that would give me alot of satisfaction at the end of the day...no matter how tired i am....the pay is not bad lol (its great from what ive heard)...alot of hard work i know but im not scared of working extra hard and giving it my all and i can see that its all worth it in the end right??(correct me if im wrong). there are plenty of benefits as well, a stable career, i can work anywhere, having that kind of knowledge, being able to help someone in an emergency or my own family ...etc. so yea from the looks of it i cant go wrong with nursing ...but GD really draws my attention, i dont want to become a RN and regret not going into GD ( i can see it now, i look up at a billboard and think " wow i couldve done that so much better") and i know thats likely to happen becaue ads a graphic design is all around us...

ok so from what i know i can become a RN in 2-3 years .....i can also become a Graphic Designer in about the same time but the pay is not set-in-stone so ive been thinking....

what if i get an AS in nursing at a community college, work for about a year or so, then go back to school to get a AS or BA in graphic design (and this time instead of community college i can try to go to a really good art school like Ringling or Full Sail *i live in FL by the way*...i mean with the RN salary i could afford it right??) i can do a little freelance designing on the side, and my uncle told me that in Costa Rica (where my family is from) i could possibly start a small business with advertising and make a good living off of that alone so yea it sounded really good to me...

so please tell me what you think about this master plan that ive got going on lol ...is it too ambitious? am i trying to many things at once? is it possible...is it even realistic at all?? lol what do you think i should do? should i stick to just one thing? (it would be very hard for me to choose though)

if this isn’t possible could you please recommend something else I could do? …

im mostly afraid of regret....id rather bust my *** trying to do both careers than to choose one and regret not doing the other ..so yea if all this is possible please let me know, give me some positive feedback so i can finally have some peace of mind

i deeply appreciate your help and your patience for reading all of this lol thank you very very much for your opinions