promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What's the name of the movie where the couple both have cancer and they fall in love?

I can't remember the end, but I know they're both dying before they meet, and there's a scene where the guy starts smashing car windows one after another with a baseball bat because he's so angry with life.

Update:

I can't remember the end, but I know they're both dying before they meet, and there's a scene where the guy starts smashing car windows one after another with a baseball bat because he's so angry with life.

Not "my sister's keeper". Its at least a few years old.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Griffin & Phoenix (2006)

starring Amanda Peet, Dermot Mulroney, Sarah Paulson, Blair Brown, Lois Smith

IMDb synopsis:

Griffin is divorced, living in a flat in Manhattan while his sons and ex live in the family home in Westchester. He gets bad news from his oncologist: cancerous lesions have spread through his chest, and he has only a year or so to live. He audits a psychology class on death and dying at a nearby college where he chats up a woman who turns out to be an assistant dean. She's Phoenix; she smiles but keeps her distance, warming to him slowly. He tells her nothing of his situation. At his apartment a few days later, she finds a stash of books on death, dying, and terminal illness: will she put two and two together, and what will she do about it?

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUkhgQDQQTM

Youtube thumbnail

Here's Part 1 on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm-7rJKTiGY

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=fvw

Griffin and Phoenix: A Love Story (1976 TV movie)

starring Peter Falk, Jill Clayburgh, Sally Kirkland

IMDb synopsis:

Griffin has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Instead of quietly facing his death, he decides to have a little fun in the time remaining. At a college class on death, he meets Pheonix. They start having fun together, when he discovers she also has terminal cancer.

NOTE: I couldn't find any clips from this version, which is unfortunate because it's an excellent film. Having seen both, I still prefer the original.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Perfect Chemistry- Simone Elkeles Rules of Attraction - Simone Elkeles Deadly Little Secret - Laurie Faria Stolarz Deadly Little Lie - Laurie Faria Stolarz Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl Shiver - Maggie Steifvater The Jessica Darling Series - Megan McCafferty The Immortal Series (Evermore, Blue Moon, Shadowland, Dark Flame) - Alyson Noel The Mortal Instruments (City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass) - Cassandra Clare Fallen - Lauren Kate Lock and Key - Sarah Dessen Going Too Far - Jennifer Echols Hush Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick The Wake Trilogy (Wake, Fade, Gone) - Lisa McMann Beastly - Alex Flinn Hope this helps!!!

• 1 decade ago

"my sisters keeper"?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.