If "Yahweh" is a better way of saying God's Name, why don't more English Bible translations use it?

"Yahweh...This is My name forever; this is how I am to be remembered in every generation." -- Exodus 3:15, Holman Christian Standard Bible (2004) To be sure, a few "sacred name" versions use "Yahweh," and Rotherham's version of 1902 used "Yahweh" over 6,000... show more "Yahweh...This is My name forever; this is how I am to be remembered in every generation." -- Exodus 3:15, Holman Christian Standard Bible (2004)

To be sure, a few "sacred name" versions use "Yahweh," and Rotherham's version of 1902 used "Yahweh" over 6,000 times.

However, most English Bibles relegate "Yahweh" to footnotes and even the HCSB uses it only a few times. Nevertheless, what the HCSB says in its Introduction is true: "the word LORD in English is a title of God and does not accurately convey to modern readers the emphasis on God's Name in the original Hebrew."

So why don't those scholars who prefer the form "Yahweh" use it consistently in their Bible translations?