wireless modem replacing cable dsl modem?

Hello:

I m current had cable dsl modem with att and would like to replace with wireless modem more sharing internet. I need some help that which wireless modem come with router is the best for this replacement and do i need to call att to let them know that i will replace a wireless modem? Please help. thanks

No, they are different. Most of the routers you get at a local retail store, like Walmart, are for DSL. You should be able to see on the side of the box if it's for something like ADSL, ADSL2 and ADSL2+ and so on. If it mentions anything about DOCIS 2.0, DOCIS 3.0, it's a cable modem. I went to Google to check on your modem and it's a cable modem. I'm not sure what download speed you have but if it's something like 12-15+ Mbps I'd recommend the Motorola SBG6580. It has DOCIS 3.0, Wireless-N and some other features. I believe it's rated for 60 Mbps. I know for sure it's rated for over 25 Mbps. You shouldn't have to upgrade for a long time if you buy that. Hope this helped!

You don't need, nor would it be advisable to get a "wireless modem"

You need a wireless router. Your existing modem will plug into the wireless router, and then the router will allow you to share your internet via Ethernet or wireless network.