Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

My company issues paper checks for employees on Tuesday with a pay date of Friday.?

I have elected for direct deposit. Do companies generally transfer the funds the same day they cut the checks? This is all being handled by ADP. I know the funds will not be available until the actual pay date, just curious if it would be the same day.

Ok, I know when the funds will be available. Just trying to figure out when the actual transfer occurs. I was under the impression that transfers needed to be done 48 hrs before the funds were to be released. Your bank will not actually release them until your pay*date* but they are on hold at your bank.

My company has messed my last two payroll checks up by mailing a paper check and not the actual deposit. My bank should have visibility to the deposit by now and relay to me that I will in fact be paid on payday...and not a week later like the past two times...

Favorite Answer

Ask your payroll department. With Direct Deposit, though, the funds should be available immediately. Ask your bank about that part.

your money will be in your account first thing Friday morning - it saves you a trip to the bank