Arizona Immigration Law?
what are the main points of this law(5 of them). What are five pro arguements? What are 5 con arguments? Please help!!!!!! Its for a paper im writing.
- Dr. WigglefarmerLv 610 years agoFavorite Answer
Arizona's new immigration law
• Prohibits state, city or county officials from limiting or restricting "the enforcement of federal immigration laws to less than the full extent permitted by federal law" and allows an Arizona resident to sue an official or agency that adopts or implements a policy that does so. The bill contains a "loser pays" provision meant to deter frivolous lawsuits.
• Requires law enforcement to make a reasonable attempt "when practicable" to determine the immigration status of a person if reasonable suspicion exists that the person is in the U.S. illegally. Officers do not have to do so "if the determination may hinder or obstruct an investigation."
• Makes it a state crime to be an illegal immigrant by creating a state charge of "willful failure to complete or carry an alien-registration document."
• Makes it a crime for illegal immigrants to work or solicit work in Arizona.
• Makes it a crime to pick up a day laborer for work if the vehicle impedes traffic and also makes a day laborer subject to criminal charges if he or she is picked up and the vehicle involved impedes traffic.
• Makes it a crime to conceal, harbor or shield an illegal immigrant if the person knows or recklessly disregards the immigrant's legal status. It does create a legal defense for someone providing emergency, public-safety or public-health services to illegal immigrants.
• Allows law-enforcement officials to arrest a person without a warrant if they have probable cause to believe the person has committed a public offense that makes him or her removable from the U.S.
• Requires employers to keep E-Verify records of employees' eligibility.
• Reiterates Arizona's intent to not comply with the Real ID Act of 2005, including the use of a radio-frequency ID chip.
- julitzLv 43 years ago
so which you are attempting to declare we've too many racists in our state legislatures? No ask your self suitable suited-wingers want states rights as quickly as returned. BTW AZ regulation isn't hardline on immigration, because of the fact if it basically allowed the regulation enforcement officers to tackle illegals that have been already being arrested, it became not something yet an workout in redundancy. What it allowed is them to take a position that any and all hispanics have been unlawful immigrants and demand they tutor otherwise. it quite is hardline against brown human beings. the suitable suited-wingers are basically putting themselves through as quickly as returned making themselves look like they're racists at the same time as they're going to cry approximately all and sundry thinking they're. save up the great paintings. i'm specific it is going to paintings out properly for you human beings so the end results of 2012 you would be waiting to cry the variety you have been beat through opposite racism and affirmative action.
- Anonymous10 years ago
There are many more than 5 pro and 5 con. My wife is mexican and born here in Michigan and she is worried she will be singled out and harassed. ( She visits her sister in Arizona ) She is all American and served in the military but she knows she will be stopped due to the color of her skin. We live next to a Canadian who is here in the USA illegally but he is white and he knows they won't stop him when he goes to Arizona. Think about it. My wife served during war time in the military and she will be stopped because of the color of her skin but the white illegal Canadian who is illegal will not be stopped. This is a shame. What has this country come to?
- HDLv 710 years ago
do your own homework.