Does a hot shower keep you cooler than a cold shower?

If you take a shower that is hotter than the environment then your body temperature would be raised, so when you get out everything seems cooler. or You could take a cold shower and really cool yourself down. Now my question is which method would keep you cooler for a longer period of time? Does it take... show more If you take a shower that is hotter than the environment then your body temperature would be raised, so when you get out everything seems cooler.
or
You could take a cold shower and really cool yourself down.

Now my question is which method would keep you cooler for a longer period of time? Does it take longer for your body to cool down to homeostasis or does it take longer for your body to warm up?

I'm just a college student who has to suffer the 900 degree temperatures of dorm life. I frequently take showers to try and cool myself down. I want to know the best method possible. Thanks!
Update: No this is not a homework assignment for biology. I'm an Electrical Engineering undergrad (physics boy!) who hates all things chem/bio but loves how things work and weird little things like this. I just thought about it today and figured biology was the best category for it (better than 'skin care'... show more No this is not a homework assignment for biology. I'm an Electrical Engineering undergrad (physics boy!) who hates all things chem/bio but loves how things work and weird little things like this. I just thought about it today and figured biology was the best category for it (better than 'skin care' like Yahoo gave me).