What causes shifting pain in the body? The kind of nagging, pricking, shooting pain that begins somewhere?

...deep inside left side of lower abdomen (near kidneys I suppose, or is it ovaries?) and moves up to armpit?!?

Any explanations...Or, experiences worth sharing are heartily welcomed :)

Thanks!
Update: Thank you, dear Buzzzbe and Irish, for your good wishes!

It doesn't seem like gas, because its on the side, much lower than stomach...something like ticking of a clock placed deep inside...(and no expulsion, soundless or otherwise, from either end, LOL!)
Update 2: Dear laholly, I'm very much in 'that' zone :) In fact, I should have stopped ovulating long back, but I haven't! Women in my family, like, my late mom and two elder sisters had to get hysterectomy done...so I'm keeping fingers crossed...though I have no problems to report except for... show more Dear laholly, I'm very much in 'that' zone :) In fact, I should have stopped ovulating long back, but I haven't! Women in my family, like, my late mom and two elder sisters had to get hysterectomy done...so I'm keeping fingers crossed...though I have no problems to report except for terrible left side headache in those days! There, you have my medical history now, LOL! Why's everything affecting my left?!?