major world events from 1992-present?

i need major world events that i was alive in.

i could use significant breakthroughs in science or medicine, or other world events like The Rwanda massacre event or first black president elected in US. something along the lines of that.

Thanks!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

1994- Rwanda Genocide

1995- Break of Yugoslavia and subsequent wars (enthnic cleansing)

1997- Princess Diania death

2001- 9/11

2002- Bali Bombing2004- tsnumani

2004- Madrid Bombing

2005- London Bmbing

2003-present Afghanistan - Iraq

?-present Dafur

• 10 years ago

1993 - the Waco tragedy, 1995 - Oklahoma City Bombing, 1994 - the Atlanta olympics and Olympic park bombing, 1999 - the Columbine school massacre, Americas involvement in Kosovo and Somolia, Of course there was 911 followed up by the Afghanistan and Iraq wars....

Is it just me or am i concentrating on the bad things?

• Rubym
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

1992 Republican President George HW Bush beaten by Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton in the Presidential election.

Jan. 1993 Clinton inaugurated

1993 First truck bombing of World Trade center, in the basement parking garage. I think 7 were killed including the bomber. Many were injured. Not much damage to upper floors but buildings closed for some time.

1994 Rwanda genocide

Also in 1994 ex-wife of OJ Simpson, Nicole and friend Ron Goldman murdered. Simpson arrested after 'slow speed' police chase in California.

1995 Oklahoma City Bombing

1996 Bill Clinton elected for second term, beating Kansas Republican Senator Bob Dole

Somewhere between 1997 and 1998 it is revealed President had affair with White House intern, Monica Lewinsky. Lying about it to a Grand Jury, regarding a case of sexual harassment while Governor leads to Clinton's 1999 impeachment trial

Aug. 1997 Death of Britain's Princess Diana. Humanitarian Mother Teresa of Calcutta dies a few days later.

1999 Columbine shooting

CLinton impeachment, not found guilty and stays in office

2000 Election between Texas Gov. George W Bush, son of former President and Vice President Al Gore. Closest in history. Finally decided by Court because of disputed Florida votes. Bush won the electoral vote, though Al Gore won popular vote.

2001 9/11 Attacks on World Trade Center, Pentagon and 4th plane crashes in Pennsylvania

20001 ANthrax sent through mail just a few weeks after 9/11. Domestic terrorism. Also in 2001, we send troops to Afghanistan, where Osama bin Laden is said to be. He's not been found.

2003 Invasion of Iraq. Saddam Hussein is driven from power, later captured and eventually hanged.

2004-Re election of George Bush. Ran against Mass. Democrat John Kerry.

Dec. 2004 Tsunami hits Southeast Asia, kills over a quarter of a million.

2005- August Hurricane Katrina hits the Mississippi Gulf Coast. New Orleans seems spared from the worst of the storm, until the levees on Lake Pontchartrain fail the next day and much of the city, lying below sea level, is flooded.

2008=Maybe actually starting in 2007 or earlier, US Presidential campaign. Many, many candidates at the beginning. By summer it is down to Barack Obama and his running mate, Senator Joe Biden and Senator John McCain of Arizona, former Vietnam POW and his running mate, the previously unknown, outside of Alaska, Gov. Sarah Palin. Palin is an instant media star, imitated by comedienne Tina Fey.

2008- Collapse of wall street, housing market, banks fail, leading to bailouts in 2008, 2009 and 2010

2009 Inauguration of first African American (half White) President of the US, Barack Obama.

2009 Bankruptcy of GM and Chrysler add to the economic troubles

2010 Huge Earthquake in Haiti, followed shortly by bigger but less deadly one in Chile, and volcano in Iceland in April shuts down air travel for days.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.