Problems with insomnia?

I have strong information to believe i have primary and chronic insomnia, for reason because i have done my research. I have tried sleeping pills, cough syrup and exercise throughout the day etc but none of them seem to work to put me to sleep. For example I eat healthy, i do not drink soda, only juice and water... show more I have strong information to believe i have primary and chronic insomnia, for reason because i have done my research. I have tried sleeping pills, cough syrup and exercise throughout the day etc but none of them seem to work to put me to sleep. For example I eat healthy, i do not drink soda, only juice and water i do not eat fast food except subway. But once i lay down in the bed i turn the tv off at ten then most of the times i stay awake 3 or 4 hours of tossing turning yawning and eventually i fall asleep. But after about 2 hours i wake up, and lay awake for 30 min most of the time. Then i fall asleep and wake up at 6am when i have to get up. I have tried sleeping pills but when i awake in the middle of the night my head has a slight throb. Also cough syrup i wake up in the middle of the night and i have CRAZY dreams every time i drink cough syrup and sleep.

Is there anything Im doing wrong?
-Not enough energy wasted during the day?

Could I ask them to prescribe me a medical license to smoke cannabis.
-Every time I have smoked i fell asleep when I laid down and had no interruptions, Plus when i awake from this i have a will to get up and get my day going . (Full of energy and no little eye openings to adjust to the light.) On another occasion I smoked then went to sleep at 5pm (Little sleep from night b4) then woke up at 530ish am the next morning rejuvenated.

Please help me this has been going on for about 3 in half months, I want to get a full night sleep again, if theres anyway, please help.