Berkshire Life Insurance Company of America, Pittsfield MA?

Is this the same company as Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Companies group with Warren Buffet?

I'm thinking of buying disability insurance from Guardian. Berkshire Life Insurance Company of America, Pittsfield, MA is a wholly owned stock subsidiary of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New, York NY.

On the Fight Bad faith Insurance Companies website, it says that Berkshire Hathaway is one of the top offenders. I am wondering if Guardian is part of Berkshire Hathaway???

Thanks!

http://www.badfaithinsurance.org/

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Guardian and Berkshire Life are both subsidiary companies of the Guardian Life Group.

Berkshire Hathoway Group is a seperate group.

AM Best lists about a dozen "Berkshire Hathoway" name varients, MOST of which don't sell insurance in the USA.

Rather than paying attention to a noncredited insurance company smear website, you're MUCH better off checking for complaints with YOUR STATE insurance department website. I think you'll find that Berkshire Hathoway isn't as bad as whoever is smearing them.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Berkshire Hathaway Life Insurance

• 4 years ago

Insurance is not a basic human right. It's a financial product and offering that is sold by companies, making a profit out of it, in order to stay in business.It's just like an auto insurance company can refuse to insure you if your driving record is too bad or a homeowners insurance company can refuse because of the bad condition of your property. So yes, a life insurance company can refuse to insure you if you do not meet the underwriting guidelines. You should better invest the same money in a mutual fund that by the time retirement comes you will have a lot of money! Just make sure you keep putting every month in your fund and don't ever touch it. I hope you find the bright sight of life!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Sounds like an interested question

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • valda
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Pretty good arguments.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Finally, that's what I was searching for! Thanks op of this question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.