Does being a mom REALLY mean you aren't allowed to go out...ever?

I am a 21 year old mom of a 2.5 year old. I got pregnant my sr. year of high school and fully accepted responsibility. My boyfriend and I got married, he got a good job and I stayed home with the little one. I was never interested in 'going out' with my friends because I knew 1) I didnt have a sitter and... show more I am a 21 year old mom of a 2.5 year old. I got pregnant my sr. year of high school and fully accepted responsibility. My boyfriend and I got married, he got a good job and I stayed home with the little one.

I was never interested in 'going out' with my friends because I knew 1) I didnt have a sitter and didnt want my mom or husbands mom to watch her and 2) we were poor and trying to avoid getting government assistance so I had no spending money.

So now, some years later my husband started his own very lucrative business and we bought a house, and I started a small in home business so we can start saving extra $.

So, now that we are more established and have some extra money coming in I decided to spend about $10-30 a month on myself on a girls night out type of thing.

The first Sat of every month (sometimes every other month) my girlfriends and I go out after the baby is asleep. Sometimes we go to a bar on karaoke nights, or sometimes a dance club because I LOVE dancing and getting dressed up! We live very close to Atlantic City so there is always something fun to do. Sometimes I will have ONE or two drink at the very most. I always get back by two at the very latest and I always invite my hubby (even tho its all girls) but he never wants to go.

Now, he is giving me crap about it. Telling me that REAL moms dont do this and its unfair to my daughter. My mom keeps telling me its 'ok' and that even though Im a mom im still young and should be allowed.

Then last night my mother in law had a talk with me saying that I lost my right to fun when I got pregnant and that i need to 'cut this **** out'. It kinda made me feel bad and now I dont know what is wrong or what is right.

I just feel like this is LITERALLY the only time I get to see my friends. They are all busy with work and school and I am so busy being a SAHM and having my lil business. It just is so refreshing to get out sometimes.

Keep in mind- I dont dress 'risque' and i never get 'drunk'. I always make sure there is a DD (usually me) and aint no man after me at the bars. I always wear my wedding ring and born and raised in a tough city im very aware of my surroundings and usually get valet so I dont have to walk through the parking lot alone. Plus I ALWAYS have my cell phone on me and check it every twenty min!

So what do you think... should I just give up on this girls night out or fight for my right...to party?
Update: my daughter is home asleep with my husband. She has never spent one night away from me her whole life.
Update 2: I think hubby has gone out maybe once since I have know him.However his friends are ALWAYS here and I constantly cook for them and clean up after them. Even pee on our toilet seats from them ew