Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 10 years ago

Why the Predizzle be dis'in his homie like dat?

Obama refers to Michael Steele as Notorious GOP (a twist on rapper Notorious B.I.G.). Then breaks into heavy ebonics for a laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgrpA31asI4

Youtube thumbnail

This makes me happy. The President of the United States has made it clear that it's OK to make fun of the hip-hop, gangsta wannabe culture and it is no longer considered racist. Yo, that be whack or whut? Holla back.

Update:

One of the biggest obstructions to race relations is the inequity of standards. African Americans are free to ridicule and offend others, while Caucasians cannot even acknowledge another race without being labeled an evil racist.

This is an unnatural dynamic and causes resentment which can breed true racism. For the President to make light of this serious issue is inexcusable.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not sure what your question is, but I agree with your point. The double standards increase the racial divide. The attempt to protect people from racism actually creates it and prevent any honest dialog.

He lost a lot of respect with that lapse in judgment.

• Doug B
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

"Heavy Ebonics"? Where? The closest he comes is "Taxation without Representing"

It's the White House Correspondents Dinner, a night of humor.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

It's the White House Correspondents Dinner. They have it every year. The president is supposed to make jokes. Remember when George Bush was making fun of the fact they couldn't find the weapons of mass destruction? He pretented to look for them under the table? Thousands of people died because of his fake war on terror. But that was funny to you? And Obama's jokes weren't? Interesting

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.