TBI vs TPI in a 350, what are the benifits?

Well i have a 1990 gmc sierra that has a chevy 350 small block, and it currently has a TBI system (stock) that i am going to fix up by getting new parts. Eventually i want to open up my engine and turn it into a 383 complete with all new parts (as long as my block is still good). Now i want to get a new fuel... show more Well i have a 1990 gmc sierra that has a chevy 350 small block, and it currently has a TBI system (stock) that i am going to fix up by getting new parts. Eventually i want to open up my engine and turn it into a 383 complete with all new parts (as long as my block is still good). Now i want to get a new fuel injection system for the engine that will fit both setups but i dont know what would be better.
Ive just heard about the TPI system and dont know anything about it much, but ive heard it might be better than using a TBI.

Well to get down to it, what are the benifits of the TBI and TPI systems, and which would would be a better route to go?