Can I be having a dermatomyositis relapse or can it be something else?

When I was 9, I was diagnosed with dermatomyositis/polymyositis. At it's worst stage, I couldn't get up from a squatting position, couldn't run, couldn't go up stairs, needed help climbing into the bathtub, in doing my hair and walking was becoming very difficult. My body responded very well to the... show more When I was 9, I was diagnosed with dermatomyositis/polymyositis. At it's worst stage, I couldn't get up from a squatting position, couldn't run, couldn't go up stairs, needed help climbing into the bathtub, in doing my hair and walking was becoming very difficult. My body responded very well to the treatment (prednisone), and within 2 years I was 90% back to normal. In the 14 years since then, my muscles still got tired easy but now it seems like I have some very sudden symptoms. My forearms hurt (like a burning pain) constantly all day! They just feel exhausted and it's very frustrating. My leg muscles seem to be tiring and hurting more than usual too. Could it be my condition making a comeback? Or something else like fibromyalgia? If I go to the docs will I need another biopsy to confirm the relapse of the disease?
1 answer 1