Did you think Jay Leno was funny tonight?

Not me

• Holly
    Favorite Answer

Maybe he's made his writers angry too.

I have never thought Jay Leno was funny. He tries too hard. Letterman is so much better.

I love jay leno and I never miss his shows, but tonight he didn't even try. I was watching just for him and he only did old jokes from his monologues.

Its not his best time these two years but I think he will bounce back.

Humor is like playing baseball and you might not hit a homer or even get a base hit every night. I like Leno for different bits and his show like so many others are comedy by a committee of writers. I think he is generally funny.

He didn't seem to enjoy his time on.

I think performers can do the old gig just so long and they sort of out grow what made them famous.

He acted like he just wanted to get gone and for the most part they do. Anything for the Whitehouse is a have to and maybe that makes a difference.

I don't watch him or any of them on late night for the reason's above.

As for funny .... he had his moments.

• Flower

No, it was all scripted, not spontaneous, and I didnt hear any laughter in the room either. His stuff was old hat and not very hip. He fell flat, he bombed, as we used to say. I think Keith Olbermann, Bill Maher or Jon Stewart would have been a better fit and more sophisticated.

• Lilith

Not particularly, but he is a habit now and is always preferable to the ever irritating Letterman.

I did not watch the event. I heard on the news today he was pretty much "trumped" by our media whore president. My friend who watched said all the things you guys here have said!

...he hasn't been funny since the 70s

no