Did you think Jay Leno was funny tonight?

Not me

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Holly
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Maybe he's made his writers angry too.

• 10 years ago

I have never thought Jay Leno was funny. He tries too hard. Letterman is so much better.

• 10 years ago

I love jay leno and I never miss his shows, but tonight he didn't even try. I was watching just for him and he only did old jokes from his monologues.

Its not his best time these two years but I think he will bounce back.

• 10 years ago

Humor is like playing baseball and you might not hit a homer or even get a base hit every night. I like Leno for different bits and his show like so many others are comedy by a committee of writers. I think he is generally funny.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

He didn't seem to enjoy his time on.

I think performers can do the old gig just so long and they sort of out grow what made them famous.

He acted like he just wanted to get gone and for the most part they do. Anything for the Whitehouse is a have to and maybe that makes a difference.

I don't watch him or any of them on late night for the reason's above.

As for funny .... he had his moments.

• Flower
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

No, it was all scripted, not spontaneous, and I didnt hear any laughter in the room either. His stuff was old hat and not very hip. He fell flat, he bombed, as we used to say. I think Keith Olbermann, Bill Maher or Jon Stewart would have been a better fit and more sophisticated.

• Lilith
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Not particularly, but he is a habit now and is always preferable to the ever irritating Letterman.

• 10 years ago

I did not watch the event. I heard on the news today he was pretty much "trumped" by our media whore president. My friend who watched said all the things you guys here have said!

• 10 years ago

...he hasn't been funny since the 70s

• 10 years ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.