Root of Eyelashes Sore, Causing Me to Pluck Them!?

This has been going on and off for about 6 months now. The root of my eyelashes on my top eyelid have been really sore, and so to try to get rid of the pain, I pluck a few - which usually results in a few more and more etc untill I can finally get the pain to stop.. It is only one eye that has this problem. I now... show more This has been going on and off for about 6 months now. The root of my eyelashes on my top eyelid have been really sore, and so to try to get rid of the pain, I pluck a few - which usually results in a few more and more etc untill I can finally get the pain to stop.. It is only one eye that has this problem. I now have bald spots/ almost bare eyelids because of this! And even if the eyelashes are gone from the area, it still sometimes hurts!
I also noticed that there is flaky, dry skin on my eyelids (no, not like the stuff you get when you wake up!) I have very, very dry skin almost everywhere, legs, arms, scalp, etc so it might just be more of that..
I don't think it is a sty because there are no little pimple-like bumps, just dry skin.. And it doesn't have to do with stress because I only pull them out if it hurts and I don't pull out any other hair.

Does anyone know what the problem is?! Is there any way to make eyelashes grow back a little faster without having to buy a bunch of stuff? And should I see some sort of doctor about this?

Thanks to anyone who answers, sorry about the long wall of words :P and please, only serious anwers! :)
Update: Oh and also, I don't wear mascara, I usually only wear eyeliner -but that is only because I want to hide that I'm missing eyelashes..

I try not to pluck, but I self-conciously do anyway! >.<