Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

question about church?

does the roman catholic church tell its members for whom to vote?

Favorite Answer

No, the Church does not back individual candidates.

The Church is primarily a spiritual body but she is also a moral teacher.

If people are going to make moral issues into political ones then they should not complain when the Church uses her freedoms of speech and religion.

The Church looks to protect human dignity and human rights and does not for look for political power. Church leaders are barred from political office by Church law, not civil law (Canon 285.3).

Jesus said, "Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you." (Matthew 28:18-20)

The Catholic Church has been teaching world governments what she believes God has revealed is right and wrong since the ancient Romans stopped persecuting her and long before anyone heard of the freedom of speech.

The Catholic Church protested about the blood sports in the Roman Colosseum and they were stopped.

The Catholic Church supported the Polish Solidarity movement and the Soviet Union fell apart.

I don't think the Church is going to (or should) stop teaching the world governments what is right or wrong now.

Remember the Catholic Church proposes. She does not impose.

With love in Christ.

NO!

Most Catholics wouldn't listen anyway.

For one, even if it wasn't an IRS issue, in most instances Priests don't have any interest in telling Catholics who to vote for.

Although some Individual priests and bishops might (if it wasn't for the IRS) say who they think the better candidate is, they don't have any authority to tell people who to vote for.

The Vatican isn't about to get involved directly in politics in modern democracies - although they were too involved in matters of Kings and lords back in fuedal times.

Even in Italy the Church doesn't directly engage in politics, and endorse or run down candidates.

No, it doesn't.

Joanna Skiedzielewski - I'm telling you again that I was not looking at your face, and I told you why. So, thus you just looked like a blur to me. You would move left, and than I would move right. I did the same thing to the girl at Gameworks maybe 2 months ago, and than for 2 weeks I was trying to figure who that blonde girl was. She sounded like Maggie... I didn't look at her face, and I thought she just wanted a mechanic, and I thought some guy was her boyfriend in the background. Maybe, I hate confrontation, or I don't expect it.

That looks like I'm shaking my head no (avoiding you left & right), but it doesn't mean that. Than, you would move right, and than me left just trying to get bye you. I didn't look at you, and I'm sorry I did that. Yes, I did NOT have an erection to that blonde lady because her toes were slanted down, and I couldn't see them. She was off in the distance. You can say whatever you want to me, but remember God is watching.

This is the last video I jerked off too:

http://pt.pornhub.com/view_video.php?viewkey=14384...

If you didn't get the other comment, but angels are real. I had an angel large plastic picture in my room, and she fell down suddenly. Than, when I was passing the bathtub, I heard a noise, and it was razors that just fell off the window sill. So, I decided to take a bath. Than, when I was taking bath - and the steam from the warm bath would come on, there was fog picture of an Angel on the mirror.

I don't know if I told you this, but Ma = Maggie Noga, Kat = Kasia, JoJo=Joanna. Sugar = Crystal Harzack, Tea = Anthi. Strawberry = Shannon Meeks. Typing Ma = Nick Pyhsgogis had Maggie in his class, and I called her Typing Ma (Maggie Lasek). Than, there was Apple Jacks 1-3. One Anna was Kasia's sister, and she seemed mad when I gave Kasia the stuffed dinosaur. I liked both of them, but Kasia better (No offense to Anna). I made them both mad on the same day. Kasia wouldn't go down the same hallway again, and Anna was just made that I gave that to Kasia. Another Anna had to be Anna Kolodged - spelled wrong. When she was sitting on my lap in red pantyhose (for Christmas) I was getting an erection. Apple Jack's 2 must have been Nick's Anna. I don't remember which one he liked. One time I was talking with Anna Kolodged about a strip club, and at the time I only thought there are nudey girl clubs.. Not good.. Out of all those women code names, I think of you and Maggie the most.

You caught me one time with a name and might have changed it. Did you catch me with JoJo, and I changed your name to Cherry? Kasia's & Cherry is April 28th birthday. Maggie Noga's birthday is April 30th. Happy birthday to you. I like a bunch of girls in April - Mandy Moore is April 10, Hanna Spearitt was April 1st, Melissa Joan Hart is April 18th. Jenny birthday is April 15th. I don't know which Jenny. Either Jenny Morris or Jenny Grubb. Kirsten Storms (famous for Zenon movies) is on my birthday. Again, I'm sorry I didn't look you in the face after St. Francis Borgia church. You'll probably never believe me until later on.

Church is place with volunteers that have religious views. They should be supported by government and charity givers. It is place to show respect and honor the God.

No.

Anyone who says yes is either very uneducated or has only a long- distant relationship with the truth.

They can't. It would violate their tax exempt status.

no. they can only give guidance based on faith beliefs

yes.

no