Dear Persians / Iranians , What would you change first in Iran ...?

Dear Persians / Iranians , What would you change first in Iran ...if you could change just one thing ?

I was thinking about it for 10,11 months since The Day they rigged the election .but I thought even if my favorite Candidate (You know which one I'm talking about , Karroubi ) had won it , there won't be any huge change in Rules and Human Rights although He Promised to do something because He couldn't do it because of the Supreme Leader . I don't think changing the Leader or removing it is gonna make everything OK neither . what do u think about it ? that's all I want you to discuss here .

thanks my friends .

@ Iceman :thanks a lot , I opened the Pic , but it didn't work !! so I used an anti censor software , It's funny ,pics in Wikipedia don't work :(

@ my friends : nice discussion . thanks .

Favorite Answer

Change the government of course and more importantly, the mentality of the people living there. For some reason, Iranians love blaming everyone but themselves for their problems, its never an Iranians fault, its always the fault of Islam or Arabs, until the people there take responsibility and admit that neither Arabs nor Islam messed up Iran and that it was Iranians themselves that screwed up Iran, nothing will be accomplished, just an example kind of like how people always blame Hitler and Fascism and call the two evil and barbaric and how they ruined Germany blah blah, ok Hitler is bad, but what about the people that paved the way for him to come to power, the Germans that voted for him and supported him are always seen as humble people who didnt know what they were doing and only allowed Hitler to rise up because the Versaille Treaty was unfair and Germany was in bad shape etc., which is all true, i cannot blame them, Germany was dirt poor before Hitler entered the game. Its not just the leader thats the problem, every single one of those candidates is evil and corrupt, none of them can make a difference, everything is just politics and games, manipulating the people and bending them to their will, the whole damn system there needs to be changed...but what the hell do i know, i dont live there and due to some recent stuff i probably would be arrested if i ever went back again =/

• iceman

What we have here is an awesome display of Democracy and its tremendous power in action. Each one of these answers is offering great ideas and information, although some maybe easier to see, but to benefit the full potentials each has to offer , they all must be studied, understood and finally combined together.

It's true that to have a better society requires the positive change of it's members. But once that goal is achieved the new and better society or country needs to be protected at all cost, because unless the human being as a whole is fully civilized, every good and civilized nation is in danger of being over run, by others who may not be. And great harms/set backs could be forced upon by enemies, like it has many times in Iran's long and volatile history.

I posted 2 links below but the first link is actually a part of the second, it's a map that amazes me every time I see it. I could only imagine all the knowledge, intelligence, hard work and sacrifices it took to achieve, but I know that it should have been protected with extreme vigilance. We can't change the history, but we can learn a great deal from it to do what's necessary now, for a better future.

Regards.

• ??

Ideally, I would like to change our fatalistic mindset, I'm talking about the defeatist mentality which has come over us over the last 1000 years... that's my pet aversion, one thing I particularly abhor... therefore, I would like to see my country get rid of that.

But hey, it's all wishful thinking, isn't it ? It would've been great to have a magic wand, but we actually don't. So let's get realistic.

A more challenging question to ask might be: what changes CAN we bring about in Iran, and especially HOW should we do that ?

Its just politics not islam i do not believe in believe i just now that iran lost its imperial power because of many political games that west made for us as the west used islam for several things one of them that islam was a great religion for military political games so west used shie persia against sony ottoman and also sonny ottoman against shie islam and with this political usenes they become powerful and east becomes weak in politics so if the problem was focusly islam so there have to be no any persian empires in post islamic times

• Jane

They claimed to be different from Arabs because they are different from Arabs. Iranians are Aryan, Arabs are Semites. Most of the Persians I've seen don't look white European, but many of them have pale skin. Most of them look like the one's Johnson posted a picture of though, at least the guys do.

isn't this about time to reconsider the idea of revolutionary changes?

I don't have an exact answer to your question ( if I had , I would have done something by now) but I know one thing, removing the supreme leader or any other action of that sort leads to chaos. more killing, heavens forbid...

the regime of course - i wish for a free iran, secular democratic government

i believe it is very difficult the iranian government is very strong it will be hard to break it up- but nothing is impossible

• Mirza

I agree with you, changing the supreme leader won't change things very much. Even changing the regime won't do much good, it would just be the beginning. Change those who give power to the dictators. If you could change the people living in the country gradually the government would change. But we can't really change others, we can only change ourselves. Maybe it's better to mind our business and let others change gradually. If I can't change it, I should run; I-run, You-run, We-run.

+Observant, there's no opposition here between my words and yours in deed. What I meant by minding our business was that we shouldn't try to persuade, or force other people to think and act like us. Of course everyone would change by being exposed to others people's opinion. You have your idea, and I have mine, you do your job, I do mine, I read your opinion, you read mine, without forcing each other we both learn, and we both change. When the society is enough mature for a change, the change would happen without molotov cocktail, Kalashnikov, guerrilla warfare, suicide bombing or anything forceful.

Of course no change would happen without being exposed to different opinions. But I think at last it’s only yourself that can change you. People can teach you, but you are the one who learns… and changes.

• Massy

It's a hard job to rebuild this country! I mean it takes so much time and effort to clean up the mess they have left. I might start with changing those nonsense Basic Rules called "Ghanone Asasi" to get rid of it.

Mandatory hijab. It's an insult to Iranian women.