Is it cheating if it's online, and can I be forgiven?

I had an 'emotional affair', and only when we've been broken up. Whenever we are together I ignore the online person. However, I have never told my partner about the online person... the online person is threatening to send our messages to my BF, whom I love more than the world. The reason I've... show more I had an 'emotional affair', and only when we've been broken up. Whenever we are together I ignore the online person. However, I have never told my partner about the online person... the online person is threatening to send our messages to my BF, whom I love more than the world. The reason I've broken up with my BF is because he lied to me about drugs 3 times, so I felt it was.. reasonable for me to do what I did. Now I see that it was not.. help? I don't want to lose my forever partner over something so stupid. The emails we exchanged were pretty bad, but I thought nothing of it since to me online = same as porn. No see/touch, no cheat. People are telling me otherwise now and it's eating me alive.. opinions on how to resolve situation without losing my baby?
Update: Oh.. when I say "my baby" Im referring to my boyfriend. I don't actually have a baby. And no, I was not emotionally involved with Mr. Online, but he seemed to be with me ( even though he talks to MANY other girls online), so I don't know if he was just using me as his emotional outlet as well. I... show more Oh.. when I say "my baby" Im referring to my boyfriend. I don't actually have a baby. And no, I was not emotionally involved with Mr. Online, but he seemed to be with me ( even though he talks to MANY other girls online), so I don't know if he was just using me as his emotional outlet as well. I think I did it because I was trying to break away from Mr. Druggie, but didn't have the heart to do it.. I've dropped my pride and decided to stay with him no matter what a little too late. He deserves better than a girl who would talk to someone else online anyway.. thanks for your answers. They helped a lot .