a girl
a girl asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 10 years ago

I recently upgraded from vista to windows 7?

and now when i close my laptop to go into sleep mode it restarts on it's on because of the blue screen of death.

I haven't had this ever happen until i upgraded. It didn't start out doing but after a week of windows 7 it does it every time.

What can I do to fix it?

Best Answer

The blue screen of death is normally a sign that there is something wrong with you drivers. Maybe they are too old for Windows 7. I know when I upgraded I had to download the latest ones off the internet. Try that. Should fix the problem.

Good Luck and Regards.

First, I am no longer a windows user. The main problems that I had with Vista is it a such a huge program and takes so much of your machine just to run it. It runs all these extras in the background and honestly, I just got tired of it. But I say you are right in deciding to wait and let some bugs get out of 7 first before you buy it. I don't know if I would wait for sp1 to come out or not though. I would look to the Microsoft site to see exactly what is going to change from Vista to the new OS. As far as the upgrade or clean install, I would choose the clean install. I upgraded my xp to vista and then later when I wanted to do a wipe and a fresh start, I had to reinstall xp and then reinstall vista. But as you say, as the upgrade goes most of your drivers will work and you will not have to install those after an upgrade. And then as you say your computer will be loaded up with junk by then anyway. So even though it will save you some trouble, I would do a clean install, especially since Dell's come with discs (or they did) and if not it is super easy to find any driver on Dell's website. A clean install would clear out the partition, if you so choose. When you go to install your new Windows, you will need to delete that partition, and then format your hard drive. Pay attention as to which file system your HDD drive is formatted. You may also choose to create a partition, for use of your liking. Like I said, when you go to install Windows, you may choose to do any of this. As far as using it as a partition for Windows recovery, you could set aside this partition and after you have installed widows you could set the destination folder or drive for your recovery files to be stored. As far as being more specific, I cannot because I have not seen this new OS yet. If you have any problems while installing or have a question, you may give Microsoft a call and they are usually helpful in this situation.

If you recently installed new hardware you should uninstall that hardware and driver,then see if you still get the blue screen.Also update all drivers.If that doesn't solve the problem then try doing a clean install of windows 7.

give details to what the blue screen of death says.. i had the same problem.. it took a few hours to get it fixed.. my graphics card wasnt compatible with windows 7 so i had to search everywhere to find the right drivers.... some hardware of yours probably isnt compatible with 7

I'd probably take it to someone to have it checked out. In the meantime, you could just set it to stay active when you close the lid instead of sleeping. Here's an article explaining how to do so in a couple steps: http://www.technize.com/prevent-laptop-to-shutdown...

This error display that you ram is not properaly work means there is so many dust in that s pls clean it