? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Out of 10,what would you give the movie Titanic by James Cameron?

Out of /10

1-poor

2-unbearable

3-passable

4-below average

5-average

6-decent

7-good

8-great entertainment

9-near perfect

10-absolutely wonderful!

Favorite Answer

I would give this definitely a 10 because of it's huge success both at the box office and and also commercially!!

Nominated for fourteen Academy Awards, it won eleven, including Best Picture. It became the highest-grossing film of all time, with a worldwide total of over $1.8 billion, and remained so for twelve years only surpassed by Avatar, 2010 another James Cameron film (this was Cameron's only film after Titanic)

It won Best Picture and Best Director. It also picked up Best Cinematography, Best Costume,

Best Design, Best Visual Effects, Best Sound Mixing, Best Sound Editing, Best Original Score,

Best Film Editing, Best Original Song, and Best Art Direction awards.Kate Winslet, Gloria Stuart and the make-up artists were the only three nominees that did not win. James Cameron's original screenplay and Leonardo DiCaprio were never nominated. It was the second film to win eleven Academy Awards, after Ben-Hur and The Lord of the Rings

Titanic won the 1997 Academy Award for Best Original Song, as well as three Grammy Awards for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or Television. The film's soundtrack became the best-selling primarily orchestral soundtrack of all time, and became a worldwide success, spending 16 weeks at #1 in the United States and was certified diamond for over 11 million copies sold in the United States alone. The soundtrack also became the best-selling album of 1998 in the U.S. "My Heart Will Go On" won the Grammy Awards for Best Song Written Specifically for a Motion Picture or for Television.

8

If it weren't for the laughable, cliche-ridden romance glued into it, I'd probably give it an 8, for the near-perfect re-creation of the ship and its sinking, and the intriguing frame story of the salvage team discovering more to the story than a missing jewel.

As it is, I give it a 6, despite the fact that Leonardo and Kate are attractive leads.

6. But only cuz I liked the effects when the ship sank. The rest of the movie was mushy and boring as hell.

3) As opposed to "Zero," mostly because of the digital effects. The story was a worn-out old one of 'poor little rich girl and her plucky, but poor artist.' Puh-lease! It's been done to death already!

2---I call it a 'comedy' because I laugh when I watch it. I also call the Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood a 'comedy' as well.

I give it an 8. It was really good.

5. Like most soundtracks, just there to heighten moods. Unremarkable, which is good.

7. It didn't hook me like his other films but its a well put together movie; good acting, good effects, good camera work. A little sappy for my taste though.

7 :P