Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Do Seventh Day Adventists circumcise on the 8th day if it's a Sabbath?

The Bible is very specific about the 8th day.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anna
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is the Jewish religion that circumcises on the 8th day.

Seventh Day Adventists do not circumcise for religious reasons.

The New Testament speaks against circumcision, calling it unnecessary and irrelevant.

Let's leave our baby boys alone. God made them perfect. Not alterations needed.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Seventh-day Adventists do not teach Circumcision. Jesus did not require Circumcision in the Ten Commandments. Circumcision is not a part of God's eternal Law.

Keep the Sabbath day as Jesus kept it(Luke 4:16).

Acts 17:3

Acts 13:42-44

Peace and Love Sharon

• Feral5 years agoReport

God gave the Ten Commandments to Moses on Mount Sinai. This story occurs in Exodus and Deuteronomy in the OLD Testament. The story of Jesus occurs in the NEW Testament, approximately 1400 to 1500 years after Moses died.

• Circumcision is not required by the Adventist church.

If any parents opt to do it, it is by their own choice and has nothing to do with the church. If done it is usually done for hygienic/health reasons. I know in years past some who chose to have the operation done also chose the eighth day, not for any ritual reasons but because they felt God understands the biological reasons why its best to wait eight days after the birth, whereas the hospitals like to do it earlier.

Forty or so years ago it was the doctors and hospital staff recommending that all boy babies be circumcised for health reasons and the pressure came from that source, not from the church. The medical profession of course has changed on that now.

So really the question is a none issue --

Since the church has never required circumcision in the first place.

• 4 years ago

Seventh day Adventists r Christians not a cult. Basically the two main focuses of the religion is the Sabbath day (Friday sundown to Saturday sundown - like the Jewish people) and the Second Coming of Christ. After the Great Disappointment in 1844, they realized that no one knows when Jesus would come back, but to always be ready. Their prophet is Ellen G White and they base a lot of their teachings on what she wrote, and the Holy Bible of course.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

@Martin S:

For centuries, Orthodox Jews have prohibited anything that even seems like work, such as carrying house keys or starting a fire for a meal on the Sabbath. The exception is circumcision on the 8th day if it falls on the Sabbath. In this passage, Jesus seems to be noting the contradiction between allowing circumcision but not his healing on the Sabbath. I interpret this passage as Jesus challenging traditional Jewish obsession with rituals, like circumcision, and with rules and regulations for their own sake.

• Beery
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

No Christians circumcise. The Bible calls circumcision "mutilation" and calls those who do it "dogs". I tend to agree with the Bible's opinion of it.

• 10 years ago

Since it doesn't break the Sabbath I don't see why not.

John 7:21 Jesus answered and said to them, "I did one work, and you all marvel. 22 Moses therefore gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath. 23 If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the law of Moses should not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made a man completely well on the Sabbath? 24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."

• 10 years ago

I thought circumcision was done on the Saturday, or the Sabbath.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Circumcision is not necessary for Christians.

LEAVE BABY BOYS ALONE!!!!

• 10 years ago

Infant male genital mutilation is not part of the Christian religion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.