macbook VS vaio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

i am about to buy a new laptop...and i am struck with these two choices....macbook or vaio cw series....can sum1 pls tell me which 1 wud u recommend and y??...and also can sum1 pls tell me f i can open microsoft word files on macbook...i have transferred all my files to an external hard drive and i have imp microsoft files there...will i b able to open those files on macbook since it doesnt have M word!!

Favorite Answer

As I am typing from a Viao i may be a bit partial. Vaio all the way! Apple sells good products that are way overpriced while sony sells good products a little less overpriced. But if you want an Apple to say "I have an Apple and I;m better than you cuz I'm so different and unique" get an Apple. But as for the files you can convert them but that will take some time.

Source(s): macbooksucks.cn
  • dunham

i'd propose the Apple Macbook. They both seem tremendous, although the actual large difference is on the interior. maximum Sony Vaios nonetheless run abode windows, that is extra finally extra severe priced yet inferior compared to Mac OS X. also, Sony Vaios are familiar to be between the further severe priced laptops. And thinking that you're a student, you are able to likely locate extra positive makes use of for the money. i'm a Macbook consumer myself. i love it, and that i seek for excuses to apply it.

• Kelsey

Get the MacBook.

And yes, you can open Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents on a Mac, easily. They make Microsoft Office for Mac. You'll have to buy it and install it, but it can be done fairly easily.

Well,choice depends on what you need laptop for, if you need it for simple work such as ppts or ms-office related then I would suggest macbook.

If however you want to play games and are more comfortable with windows then go for VAIO.

I know it is difficult decision because I was stuck with same question and in end brought VAIO laptop and mac mini.

Microsoft Office 2008 is available for MAC OSX,so you can easily transfer your files on mac and work.

You can buy Microsoft Word for Mac, but I still wouldn't recommend the Mac. Macs are overpriced, and since you obviously seem to want to run Microsoft software anyway (as opposed to Mac-only software), then I don't see the need for a Mac. You buy a Mac because you like Mac OS and want to run Mac-only software.

I used mac-book it was really outstanding! but now you have to decide weather you want to use Apple's applications or Microsoft!, If you are using currently using microsoft ox so you will find mac little difficult but its different kinda of operating system you know!

and yes you can use micrsoft words file on mac-book but make sure you have installed Mac's version of Ms Office! otherwise you can't open it!

you can download it from this link ms office mac version, but its 30 days trials

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.asp…

Sony vaio B series has quite good features as well

such as

Business-grade durability

Blu-ray Disc™ technology

HDMI™ output: Take it to the big screen

World-class service and support

Crisper, brighter display

It is very handy one!!!

hopes you got what you need to know ! best luck!

Boycott Apple!

its much safe to choose vaio because you already have an idea what's in it.. some people say that macbook is just over rated because of its simplicity....

MacBook =)

Source(s): I have MacBook it's good but ya u have to download microsoft on it