Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 10 years ago

whats up with a .32 acp luger?

i found a luger at a gun show chamber for .32 acp. The price was $425. Does anybody know anything about it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark F
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The original Luger of 1898 was chambered in 7.65x21mm Parabellum. The 9mm Parabellum chambering was not introduced until 1902. The Swiss army used this caliber.

0.32 ACP in Europe is known as the 7.65x17SR Browning. No original Luger's were built for this cartridge which is more commonly found in pocket pistols like the Walther PP and PPK.

My guess is the seller doesn't understand the difference between the 7.65 Browning and 7.65 Parabellum cartridges and it is actually chambered for 7.65mm Para.

• 10 years ago

Genuine Luger P-08s were never made in .32 acp caliber.

It's either non-military or a knock off.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

That price sounds to low for it to be a real Luger.

Could be a reproduction.

Real Lugers are $1000 and up....

• 4 years ago

9mm and 7.65mm appears to be the original factory calibers, post war came the 45acp Luger and .22LR Luger. there's also the 9x18 and 9mm Kurz that are likely military factory conversions during the cold war.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mike S
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Sounds pretty strange to me but if its for real it could be a good investment. Why don't you google 'Lugers'? I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information on Georg's finest. Good luck to you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.