Continue breast feeding or switch to formula?

I just started offering my 6 month old son formula over the weekend, as I'd like him to be able to take formula when I need someone to watch him because I don not have breast pump or money for one. He has been exclusively breastfed up until now and is a very good eater, finishing in only about 10 minutes, 5 on... show more I just started offering my 6 month old son formula over the weekend, as I'd like him to be able to take formula when I need someone to watch him because I don not have breast pump or money for one. He has been exclusively breastfed up until now and is a very good eater, finishing in only about 10 minutes, 5 on each side. I have been giving him 2-3 oz twice a day in a Playtex Drop-Ins bottle. My problem is he is starting to loose interest in the breast now and is being lazy when eating from the breast, stopping to look around and not really finishing. Its affecting my milk supply a bit.
My partner wants me to start feeding formula only, as in his opinion it would be better, because I don't have the best eating habits (I take prenatal vitamins and a DHA supplement and my son gets liquid Polyvisol though) I would also be able to take my medicine for depression if I quit breastfeeding, though I've been managing okay so far.....BUT... My son seems fuller after a feeding of formula and is spitting up less. With breast milk he tends to spit up several times between feedings.
So, should I just give up breastfeeding all together, stop the formula except when he's away from me, or just go between the two? He's been breastfed for 6 months, that's a good start, right?
Update: I get food stamps, which would cover the formula so it would be no out of pocket cost to me