What happens to the money set aside for dividend if an underlying stock is sold in between exdiv & Record day?

I own a small amount of TCLP. The company went Ex-Div yesterday (4/28)) and the record date is tomorrow (4/30). Today there was heavy volume. Is it especially beneficial to companies for people to forgo their dividends (in this case a distribution) Why are investors doing this (is there a strategy that I am... show more I own a small amount of TCLP. The company went Ex-Div yesterday (4/28)) and the record date is tomorrow (4/30). Today there was heavy volume. Is it especially beneficial to companies for people to forgo their dividends (in this case a distribution) Why are investors doing this (is there a strategy that I am missing here? Is there a line item on the annual or quarterly reports where this savings could be found?
1 answer 1