Affliction Warlock DPS help?

Okay, so I'm new to WoW and i have a 38 affliction lock. My DPS is around 8,000 i don't think thats normal. What stats do i want most, and any other advice would be awesome. My spell rotation is Immolate-> Corruption -> Curse of Agony. Any talent tree advice or anything would be awesome. Thanks:)

Favorite Answer

The Elitist Jerks thread above is a great resource once you're level 80.

I think you're a little confused. 8000 DPS would be high DPS for a level 80. Download the addon Recount to see what your DPS actually is.

Since Affliction relies on damage ticking over time, your damage done will be relatively low on things that don't stay alive for a while (bosses, etc.). The #1 stat you should focus on now is Spell Power, after that Hit, Crit, and Haste. You do NOT need to specifically go after gear with intellect or spirit, chances are that almost everything you get with spell power will have at least int or spirit on it already.

Your talent specialization at low level relies more on how you would like to play as you level up. If you want to do more damage, look for talents like Improved Corruption, which increase the damage of a spell you should use pretty often.

Here's a talent tree for affliction that should put out a good amount of damage: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#Ifx0rzMAoc

Your general rotation for longer fights should be something like Curse of Agony, Corruption, and lots of Shadow Bolts until CoA or Corruption wears off.

For shorter fights, maybe throw on one DoT (damage over time) spell and throw on the Shadow Bolts. Shadow Bolt should be your main source of damage.

For AoE (Area of Effect - lots of enemies), you will have to use Rain of Fire now. When you are higher level, if you are still affliction, use Seed of Corruption instead.

Source(s): I've played as a Warlock for three years, although my main is now an Elemental Shaman. If you have more questions, feel free to send me an e-mail or contact Aephinevra, Philofynre, or Jheoliou on the WoW server Argent Dawn-US Hordeside. Good luck!

Refer to this website:

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t37900-dots_you_afflic...

You will find out more than you wanted to know.