Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Atheists,do you think you can win a debate a debate against Christian Conservative thinker,Thomas Sowell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GklCBvS-eI

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Thomas...

I was surprised when I heard about this person,he is a smart black man !Please do not pull the race card on me.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i love Thomas Sowell and i am atheist; his "economics 101" book is a must read for anyone that wants to know how the economy works. I don't agree with his religious views but he is a brilliant man on economics issues.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What race card?

I only watched the video for a second but he seemed to be making a fairly obvious point that had nothing to do with religion.

So why are you asking Atheists? You could ask anyone that question. He seems to have reasonably good debate skills but nothing special.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Anyone could win a debate with a Christian Conservative, but Christian Conservatives don't play fair. They build lies upon lies.

• 1 decade ago

We can't play the race card after you admitted you were surprised that someone can be smart and black? Come on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dass
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He's acting as though welfare is a decent amount of money. It's not. It's barely enough for food and a cheap-*** 1 bedroom apartment. It's also less than minimum wage, so if you're doing work, either your employer is violating the law or you're making more than welfare.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, you just played the race card.

If I prepared properly for the debate, certainly. But I leave that for people who feel the need to debate theists like this.

• 1 decade ago

Debating what? The guy is most well known as an economist, not a preacher.

Source(s): Atheist
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What's there to debate?

I am an atheist cos there are NO invisible sky critters.

Your brain is wired to worship magic or it isn’t.

Either it’s wired to utilize logic or it isn’t.

Either it’s analytical of myths or it isn’t.

~

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Easily.

• J
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Conservative thinker?

Good joke! (lolz!)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.