Car will not start all of a sudden. No electricity.?

I have a 1992 Lexus 400. I stopped on my way home to pick up some donuts and was in the shop for MAYBE 2 minutes at most. I came out, got in my car and turned the key. NOTHING happened. No dashboard lights, not head lights, no radio, no power locks or windows and definately no engine starting! All was normal up until this. Any clues as to what it could be? I am calling AAA to see if they can get it started, but I thought some nice mechanically inclined people who hang out in Yahoo answers might have some insight.

Favorite Answer

You're so charming. If not gauges work, bad cell in your battery or dead battery. If battery is charged up and still no joy then starter is bad.

If the engine didn't even make a noise like it was trying to start, you're battery is probably dead. Maybe a cable just became loose or disconnected somewhere on your battery. There are a lot of things this could be, but I would guess a dead battery is your problem.

check your battery conection first make sure there not loose or dirty

check fuse first

• ?

If I had to guess.... alternator!