Favorite Pablo Neruda quote?

You can list them in order-the more the better.

Or just one that you really love!

• Jo W
    Favorite Answer

“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way.” - Pablo Neruda

“And one by one the nights between our separated cities are joined to the night that unites us.” - Pablo Neruda

“Love is so short, forgetting is so long.” - Pablo Neruda

“I don't love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz

or arrow of carnations that propagate fire:

I love you as one loves certain dark things,

secretly, between the shadow and the soul.” - Pablo Neruda

“I want to do to you what spring does with the cherry trees.” - Pablo Neruda

“A child who does not play is not a child, but the man who doesn't play has lost forever the child who lived in him and who he will miss terribly.” - Pablo Neruda

“You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.” - Pablo Neruda

“Quiero hacer contigo

Lo que primavera hace con los cerazos” - Pablo Neruda

“But from each crime are born bullets that will one day seek out in you where the heart lies.” - Pablo Neruda

“Peace goes into the making of a poem as flour goes into the making of bread.” - Pablo Neruda

“I grew up in this town, my poetry was born between the hill and the river, it took its voice from the rain, and like the timber, it steeped itself in the forests.” - Pablo Neruda

“A bibliophile of little means is likely to suffer often. Books don't slip from his hands but fly past him through the air, high as birds, high as prices.” - Pablo Neruda

“Will our life not be a tunnel between two vague clarities? Or will it not be a clarity between two dark triangles?” - Pablo Neruda

“I awoke and at times birds fled and migrated /that had been sleeping in your soul.” - Pablo Neruda

“Now, on the road to freedom, I was pausing for a moment near Temuco and could hear the voice of the water that had taught me to sing.” - Pablo Neruda

“I think it was very informative, but a lot still needs to be done.” - Pablo Neruda