What do you guys think about the Situation in Somalia?

Its a haven for terrorists, lack of government, unstable, starving population, but we donate millions to help them, but little has changed, whats you take on the situation? Should we continue to "Try" and help them, or should be just leave em to their own problems.

Favorite Answer

Somalia can't be helped until it is safe to help. I think the world community needs to unite in developing and enforcing a strategy to stop the piracy in Somalia in a way that does not violate the territorial integrity of Somalia, possibly by establishing beefed-up united military naval patrols in international waters just outside the territorial waters of Somalia and checking every vessel coming out of and going into the territorial waters of Somalia, and then just leave Somalia to stew in their tribal vices until they establish a central government which is willing and able to open Somalia to the safe delivery of international assistance and humanitarian aid. Unfortunately, I think the establishment of a central government which is willing and able to open Somalia to the safe delivery of international assistance and humanitarian aid will only happen after the tribal differences in Somalia has been fought out and the nation hits rock bottom in dire humanitarian suffering. I think we should just butt out until that happens and Somalia has a central government asking for assistance from the world community. Sometimes you have to let people hit rock bottom before they are willing to change and be really helped.

Originally these pirates were fisherman . I do not know how far back in history they were fisherman. Lets say about 60 years. The sea next to their country where they are living was very fish populated area. For years France,Germany,Japan,USA,China,and etc also fished these waters off Somalia. Unfortunate the others countries had bigger boats getting more fish. The average Somalia was not able to catch enough fish to feed his family and sell to neighbors After a few years of watching your kids starving, eating the junk food aid from other countries you figure Hey I got to do something about this. Pirating was all they could do.What would you do eat junk and dirt. This is Our Future soon.The Somalia did not create this. The world did with Greed !

We can stop piracy by leaving enough fish for the Somilia to sustain themselves. After we get the weapons.

You have spoken the whole truth about the place. How sad and dismal and how horrible for all of us to not do more. The stupid UN is sitting there with their fat cats and not doing a thing. So what is the point of it. It makes me sick to think of the atrocities those people are facing every second of the day. The money is going to the extremists. The food doesn't get to the people. Most of the young men are either in the militia or killed . So the women and children hide in tiny groups for the next wave of men to come and violate them whenever they want. I feel sick thinking about it. Why oh why doesn't anyone help. Really help.

I think that's a great place for him.