Did anyone receive a Fly A US AIRLINES Reservation Notification? Is this real or a scam?

I just got this letter saying:

Our promotional department has scheduled you to receive two round-trip airfares to the major city of your choice throughout the continental USA! the number to call is 1-888-292-3635.

and it has the confirmation number and all the details of the ticket.

Favorite Answer

OK THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM EVER.

- They send you the promotion that you won 2 airfare tickets

- Then people start going to their VIRTUAL office which are rented just for the presentation

- they try to sell you time shares for 6000, 7000, 8000 Dollar values

- if you tell them i will think about it. they will tell you i will hold the tickets until you make up your mind.

- if you say you are not interested, they ask you to send the TAXES for the tickets and they will SEND THEM TO YOU BY MAIL.

- BUT here is the best part. they ask you to send a MONEY ORDER!!! and not a personal check to pay for the taxes so i cant be traced.

NO one should fall for this FFF SCAM ever.

Source(s): My source is my personal experience.

I can't believe this scam is still going on. I received another letter today with the same pitch. The thing that gives it away as a scam right away is there is no airline called US Air. You'd think they would have figured that out by now, but apparently these scammers aren't too bright.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I just got this letter saying:

Source(s): receive fly airlines reservation notification real scam: https://tr.im/jLlhK
  • ?

Us Airlines Scam

The key factors that gave it away:

1- The presentation of the letter (the only letters I get that look that are when I get my credit cards renewed and the pin # is sent in this format)

2- The name of the company on the letter was lame: 'Fly a US Airline' (Googled them- nothing found, searched other forms of social media- Facebook & Twitter with no results)

3- There's no website address on the letter (what company these days doesn't list their website address on any of their correspondence)

4- The blatant lie in the line "because of previous attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful..." (never got one phone call or previous letters)

5- There's no fine print on back of the letter (for something they're "giving away" you'd think there would be a whole page of fine print of exclusions and special circumstances)

6- The way the letter signs off "please call me" (no company signs off like that)

Did a bit more investigating by using a phone number reversal website. The number is registered to 'Vacation Services of America':

Brent Hedrick- owner

Denver Wood- partner

Shawna Clark-McFarland- admin mgr

Address: 3265 Falls Parkway Suite M, Branson, MO 65616

Phone: (877) 522-8457

Email: vsabranson@yahoo.com

Web: vacationservicesofamerica.net (<--that website doesn't exist, tried it)

According to the BBB, they also operate under an alternate name: Branson Marketing Group.

When I Googled Vacation Services of America I was shocked to see the results; intranet page after intranet page of complaints written about peoples experiences with this company. For those who called the number and took advantage of the "free plane tickets & hotel" ended up getting taken for several thousand dollars.

The common theme between all the complaints seem to be once the consumer decided to call, they were then talked into attending a sales pitch at one of their locations. From there they were given the 'ol used-car-salesmen-pitch to buy the vacation "membership" for $5k-$6K & rushed through the paperwork. Once the paperwork was signed off, it was at that point they were sent off to enjoy their "free" getaway. Once these consumers realized maybe they made too hasty of a decision, they contacted Vacation Services of America to cancel the contract at which time they were told they had to access their account online through the companies website with a special code.

Here's where the company's slippery slope screws people: The contracts of these people that purchased them aren't listed on their website for at least a week. However, in the contract they were rushed through, the fine print says they only have 3 days to cancel the contract. If you recall from the letter, aside from the 2 round trip airline tickets, you're also awarded a 2 night stay in a Marriott Hotel. Two nights in a hotel means you're away for 3 days. So if you have only 3 days to cancel the membership, on the last day you're able to cancel the membership you're still enjoying your "free getaway". And even if someone were sleuth enough to remember the 3 day cancellation rule it wouldn't matter, because the contracts aren't listed on the companies website for almost a week- only accessible online to cancel. Sneaky, slimy & and dishonest don't begin to describe this scam. Oh, and by the way, Vacation Services of America list their earnings as $20 million per year, and it's a no wonder how they got that.

Many of you are probably wondering why I went through all this trouble to gather the information I found and record it here. The answer is simple- while I didn't get duped into this scam there are many others out there who have and who will. If we share all the information, then just maybe someone will be saved the heartache of such a slimy scam.

Source(s): Rip Off Reports, Yelp. BBB, Google, and the FTC

Received the mailer today. It makes no mention of a company name. It clearly uses US Air Southwest and Jet Blue airline names to distract you from the fact that the company making this 'offer' is nameless. If you have the time to waste by calling them tell them you will agree to meet them if they will tell you the name of their company and it's location. Then you can verify if this company is reputable. I bet they hang up on anyone who tries to turn the tables on them.

Thanks for putting this up. I was wondering who these people were and where they got our address. I will promptly tear it up and be glad they wasted their money on mailing this. I hate it when people go through so much work to rip other people off. If they put the same effort into a real job, I'm sure they would have plenty of money AND a peace of mind that it was legal.

I just received this too at a Manhattan address and can't seem to find anything about it in a quick google search. Don't know about the validity.

Did you try calling US Air to see if they are offering any promotion like this? if they dont know anything then its a scam

We called and have an appointment tomorrow. They want you to sit through a one hour travel pitch as far as we know. We'll let you know how it goes.