How do I stop my skateboarding trucks from squeaking?

I got a new Plan B board today. I started ollieing and stuff. Then I hear a squeaking noise....

Here are the features

FEATURES:

Brand New, Top Quality Plan B Deck 7.75"

Pro 5.0 Aluminum Trucks

Pro 52mm Urethane Wheels

Superfast Abec 7 Bearings

Shorty's Hardware

Jessup Griptape

anyone know whats wrong?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Rollo
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

Oil them. Duh.

Roller bearings and trucks which have metal on metal contact require lubrication to stop squeaks. The best thing you can use is a light sewing machine oil.

• 10 years ago

I don't agree with the people telling you to oil your bushings. I tried that a long time ago and it kinda works but eventually the oil will collect tons of dirt and grime.

The best way to stop the squeak is to buy new bushings. The best ones are probably Bones. I'm pretty sure they won't squeak any more if you put the new Bones in there.

Source(s): your mom
  • 10 years ago

Nothing's wrong. It's the bushings squeaking. Some powdered graphite on the bush=ing to metal contact points might reduce the squeaking.

After a day or two, you won't notice it anyway.

• 10 years ago

Your trucks are going to squeak. When you skate, all parts of your board go through abuse so it should not matter to much. You can oil them if you want but it will not make too much of a difference. Just try to skate with it and you'll find other problems faster. Squeaking does not hurt your board or you so just oil them, loosen them, or what i advise is to just forget about it.

Source(s): 9 Years of Skateboarding.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

so if it squeak as you turn it could be two things, the pivot cups or the bushings

try putting a small dab of lithium grease in the pivot cups

• 10 years ago

spray some wd-40

• 10 years ago

oil them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.