Who thinks music today is stupid?

Personally i think music from the 50's 60's 70's 80's and 90's was real

Best Answer

Music has seemed to have lost it's value. The value back then is different to what people value now. People used to value love, now they value sex. They used to value respect, now they value recklessness. I do not listen to music of today. I only listen to music from the late 50's to the 80's, when music was music. Everything now is about image. Back then it didn't matter how you looked, if you were talented, you got to express that. Now if you have a pretty face, you don't need to know how to sing because auto-tune will fix everything! *sarcasm*.

Also now, everyone wants to make a quick buck. These music executives control everything and base it on what they THINK the public wants. Back then, the artist actually had a bit more creative control, and that's where the quality came in. I really hope this trend of generic music ends and real music comes back. But sometimes I think by now, it's too late.

Yes and No.

Some recently is upbeat and fun then some are just completely sluty.

Fun like Lady Gaga's songs.

Sluty like Rhianna's song Rude Boy and etc.

And music from the 50s 60s 70s 80s and 90s was real and sometimes it was stupid.

I prefer to listen to the good-ones from between recent and the past music.

Today everything is so tainted and repetitive that nothing sounds genuine. I perfer music from the 60's and 80's a little classical and some of today's instumentals. Other then that i stic with artist who know the real meaning of music. With the exception of Indie Rock and Blues.

The old days of music were the BEST, especially in the 80s and 90s. ! I hate Lady Gaga and all of the stupid today's music crap.

Personally I think they're about equal. There are a lot of great musicians around today, and obviously a lot from the past as well. But you have to realize that you only hear of the greatest bands from those past times, and not all of the bogus ones. Thus older music seems more appealing, because all of the garbage music is no longer played, hence it being garbage.

Source(s): I'm rather baked.
  • Fonda

Yeah, I don't listen to Top 40 at all, but I do like Lady GA GA , though. She's fun and talented and different.

My music taste is the same as yours.I love classic rock and disco, and soft rock of the 70's.

• Phreak

I agree completely. Very few songs that come out now are as good as what came out of that time period. I'm 18 years old, and I am a musician, so most of the music that I like was written before I was born. Today's music rarely has the complexities of the older songs.

I think that all of the music these days are just fads. They will blow over once someone shows what real music is (i.e. 50s - 90s) I hate how Disney thinks that all of its actors can sing. They CANT. Their voices are put on equalizers so they sound decent. In reality, they suck. But that's just my opinion(:

I agree! I'm young but I listen to a lot of 70's music. The only thing I really listen to that is new is Jack Johnson. It seems all the new music is so computerized and Jack Johnson is not computerized!!

• Maria

That's stupid to say that all music today is stupid. Not every single artist sucks. Of course music back then was better, but there are some songs today that have meaning.