Kitty asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 years ago

Top ramen recipies without using the flavor packet?

I'm pretty lazy so a lot of the time I just make top ramen when I get hungry, but I'm all out of the flavors I like and don't want to waste about 10 packs of the flavor I don't like, but I don't like that flavor, so I don't want to eat it >_<. So anyways any ways to make top ramen with little cook time and not using the flavoring that comes with it will be much appreciated. (btw I like the noodles firm and not soft/soggy at all.)

Oh and there's something I've thought of trying but since I'm not much of a cook I don't know how to go about cooking it. Soy sauce in the broth and a fried egg on top. So would I just add soy sauce to the water? How much? and do I put the egg with the ramen or cook it then put it on the ramen? (I don't want the whites to mix with the broth.) Also since I really like soy sauce, if I have to fry the egg separate from the ramen could I put soy sauce in the eggs as they're frying? About how much should I add?

Thanks ahead of time. ^_~

Favorite Answer

CURRY RAMEN SOUP

3 baking potatoes peeled and diced

5 small carrots sliced

2 onions diced

2 lbs diced chicken breast

1 tbsp seasoning salt

1 tbsp black pepper

1/32 tsp cayenne pepper (a pinch)

2 Maggi beef bouillion cubes

8 tbsp curry powder (divided)

oil

ramen noodles

At Medium setting, heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and sprinkle half of curry into the oil. When the curry starts to foam, add the onions and carrots and sautee until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and transfer it into a soup pot. Add potatoes and enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer.

In a bowl, place chicken, seasoning salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix well until the chicken is evenly seasoned.

In the skillet, add 3 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle remaining curry into the oil.

When the curry starts to foam add the seasoned chicken mix and sautee on a high heat. Chicken does not need to be thoroughly cooked.

Toss the sauteed chicken into the soup mix, and simmer until potatoes are cooked and the broth is thick (about 30 min).

Cook Ramen according to package directions. Serve Ramen and pour soup over it.

Serves 8.

SHERRY'S SHRIMP AND RAMEN STIR-FRY

2 (3 oz pkgs each) chicken-flavored ramen noodles

1/2 cup low-sugar orange juice

2 tbsp. ketchup

1 tbsp. bottled toasted sesame salad dressing

2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined

1 (1 lb pkg) frozen mixed Asian vegetables

1 tbsp. olive oil

Cook noodles as directed, reserving 1 flavor packet. Drain noodles.

In a small bowl, drain orange juice, ketchup, salad dressing and flavor packet until smooth. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, cook until just pink. Add vegetables, cook, stirring, until crisp-tender and heated through. Stir in sauce mix and noodles, cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened, 1 minute.

This is ultimately awesome.

COLLEGE STUDENT'S FUNKY RAMEN NOODLES

Ramen Noodles

frozen vegetables (peas, broccoli, corn etc.)

butter

Parmesan cheese

Prepare as many Ramen Noodle packets as servings needed. Bring water to a boil. Add noodles and frozen vegetables in quantities desired.

Cook until noodles are soft and vegetables thawed, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.

Strain noodle mixture and return to pot. Slice butter into noodle mixture; sprinkle Ramen flavor packets, to taste, over mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese as desired, stirring to combine.

May be served accompanied by hardboiled eggs for a well rounded, nutritious meal.

Foolproof, fast, cheap, and delicious!

RAMEN SALAD

Dressing:

1 cup oil (canola is best)

1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup white vinegar

2 packages beef ramen soup seasoning

Salad:

1 lb. package cole salad mix

2 packages beef ramen noodles

1 cup salted sunflower seeds

1 cup slivered toasted slivered almonds

1/2 cup carrots (if not in the cole slaw mix)

Prepare the dressing a day in advance by combining ingredients for dressing. Refrigerate overnight.

Break up noodles, mix all dry ingredients together, pour dressing over dry ingredients; mix well and chill before serving.

RABB'S RAMEN DELIGHT

2 pkg. ramen noodles (any brand or flavor)

1/2 lb. hamburger meat

seasoning salt

Pepper

Cook ramen noodles according to package directions (usually, boil noodles for about 3 to 5 minutes). Drain water from noodles in a colander, then add packaged seasoning to noodles. In a separate frying pan, scramble the hamburger meat until done. Season meat with Lawry's seasoning salt and pepper to taste. Combine meat with drained noodles and mix well. May add finely diced onions and diced bell peppers to hamburger prior to cooking for added flavor.

Something to try is to cook the noodles to al dente, drain and put back in the pan and add a little butter and soy sauce. When I first heard of this I thought it sounded disgusting until I tried it. It's quite good. I cook them firm, I don't like soggy noodles either, so I cut the cooking time down by shutting the heat off so they don't over cook. If you want to use soy sauce, I would use at least 1/4 of the seasoning packet, any flavor, then add 1 tbsp of soy to the broth, try it and adjust until you are happy. If you add enough soy, you can just fry your egg separately, when the whites are firm add it to the top of your noodles, the soy is already in the broth. I'll cook the noodles plain and add them to stir fried veggies for a quick lo mein. I'll also add them to chicken broth which has a lot less sodium than the packets of seasoning.

All the ramen packet is, is broth (chicken, beef, etc) with soy sauce in it, so you can use bouillon cubes or granules and just add soy sauce and you get the 'ramen flavor'. (This is if you get the American Ramen from the grocery store that is).

Other things you can do with Ramen are, cook the noodles, drain them, and throw in some cooked meat and veggies (you can throw the veggies in with the ramen and they'll cook along with the noodles, small pieces of veggie only), then pour some teriyaki or stir fry sauce (or any chinese sauce you like - kung pao?) in and mix it up.

I'd cook the egg separately, first if you want it to be a fried egg, and put the soy sauce on it after it's done cooking. Put on as much as you like, start with less, then add more to taste.

• Jim

Use beef or chicken consume in cans, beef bullion cubes, or you can use the fat and juices rendered from cooking meats of any kind, including pork. If you make soups that slowly cook meat, you can use the broth. Slow cooking beef is how the liquid fraction for Vietnamese Pho beef soup is developed. A large piece of beef roast is put into a slow cooker and slowly cooked for 6 - 8 hours, developing a delectible beefy liquid. You could do this with chicken, pork. I think you could probably do this with shrimp too, although there isn't much fat in shrimp to develop the flavor, so you could cook like a lb of shrimp slowly, add a little bit of olive or canola oil, to help extract the flavors.

first I, open the bag of seasoning packet out, then I dump the noodles in the bowl. Next I put water in the bowl and microwave it for 3 minutes. Then I add butter and garlic salt and some pepper to taste

From Lennon.....Shawnas son

You should find a recipe for Oriental Salad. If it is done right, it is awesome. You use the package of cole slaw greens from the grocery store. I found a recipe for it, but it didn't say to refrigerate it. It tastes much better after refrigeration:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1818,147167-226196,...

Here it is again:

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn...

dont like fruits and vegetables or vegetables either. Almost all my menu involves is hamburgers, pizza, chips, and chicken breast.

• Walter

Zucchini is commonly regarded as a plant, and in layman's parlance, of course, this is far more useful; however, by rigid definition, the zucchini is a fruit, being the swollen ovary of the zucchini flower.