Italians only (and southern and eastern europeans )?

I'm european and one of my black friends argues that italians are black people because they are not white skinned lol I'm just amazed at some peoples ignorance..but anyway...I would like to hear it from an italian.. I'm pretty sure you italians are white ..and sicilians are just a little darker because... show more I'm european and one of my black friends argues that italians are black people because they are not white skinned lol I'm just amazed at some peoples ignorance..but anyway...I would like to hear it from an italian.. I'm pretty sure you italians are white ..and sicilians are just a little darker because of the climate ..also...even though your white .. i know SOME italians who claim they are not white..even though they look it..is there a reason behind that ..becuase they prefer to be called italian rather than white ive also had some mexican friends who state italians are similar to them and therefore they are not white (and they're flag is smiliar and they speak the same language, although i disagree) ...are italians similar to people living in the balkans (bosnia,croatia, serbia etc. ) because its a bordering country and other southern and eastern countires in europe... I want to hear this from a True italian so elaborate as thoroughly as you can
11 answers 11