Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 10 years ago

how to remove an offense record ? NJ Expungement?


I was convicted in the state of New Jersey for selling loose cigarettes. The conviction was a fine of $250, no prison time. I know there is a procedure in NJ which could have the criminal record expunged.

Question is do i need to go through this process? Is it a 'crime"?

1 Answer

  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    To get anything expunged in the United States, you have to hire an attorney or be blessed with a pardon. From what you have listed, there shouldn't really be any reason on why you want to unless a high end government job. You would still be able to purchase a gun, general employment and keep all your constitutional rights. Again, no reason to unless you plan to be come a CIA officer or something.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.