Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 1 decade ago

Is animefreak.tv safe?

My computer is really sensitive to virus's so I try not to download things that I'm not sure of. I try to use youtube but they don't always have every episode and that's really annoying. So I started using animefreak.tv to watch my anime on and I wanted to make sure if it was safe? If not, what are some other safe, virus free sites I could use?

Favorite Answer

Well you never know, but I would recommend downloading AVG 9.0.

Before I downloaded it I got viruses from EVERY anime site that I used, but after I downloaded AVG I haven't gotten ONE. Plus it's free. ;)

Although I do use AnimeFreak.tv a lot, you can never tell where the viruses are with anime sites. There really aren't any good and bad sites. Viruses will come at you no matter what anime site you use, really... Or at least that's what I've observed. Anyway good luck with all that. ;)

• DKsaNn6 years agoReport

lol honestly AVG is pretty bad at anti virus protection. If you want a decent one get Microsoft security essentials. its probably the best free commonly known anti-virus protection.

Well Its safe but theres still ways to get virus' on that site. Without Adblock or some blocking content installed there are a lot of malicious ads on the site that can lead to Crackle Redirect(which i got personally) or other horrible malwares/virus. Crackle Redirect is something that takes over your browser and redirects you to a different website, this is what i got from animefreak.tv but i removed it. Theres other stuff on that site but im not sure how those malwares are activated...yet. JUST be carful before goin in, make sure you have protection and if you're already infected from a different virus/malware dont visit Animefreak.tv cause that will make it worse. OVERALL its pretty safe but not 100%

Source(s): http://www.spywareremove.com/removecrackleredirect... -Computer wizz (studying at university) -personal experience(for testing purposes) -I use Animefreak a lot myself (>^.^)>
    • DKsaNn6 years agoReport

Also I answered this on 5-9-14 so my answer is more helpful since im most recent. All these answers are from 4years ago, many changes can happen in 4years.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is animefreak.tv safe?

My computer is really sensitive to virus's so I try not to download things that I'm not sure of. I try to use youtube but they don't always have every episode and that's really annoying. So I started using animefreak.tv to watch my anime on and I wanted to make sure if it was safe?...

Source(s): animefreak tv safe: https://shortly.im/FpL5i

Try going to goodanime.net or gogoanime.com.

It's safe there, and you can find almost any series there.

Yes it's safe.

Anime Freak.net

i dont think it is safe

if you get AVG your computer will be really safe

every 4 hours (i think) it gets a new list of viruses

If there is a cure then ittl cure your computer, but if there is no cure it lets you connect with another person's computer

and by the way there is something called GOOGLE, you can just type: watch anime episodes online

definitely safe

i use it almost everyday and my computer is very sensitive to malicious software and websites but animefreak is as safe as youtube and myspacevideo

i think these are the safest

http://blazinanime.com/ (same as animefreak)

http://justdubs.net/ (dub only)

Source(s): love anime

I use animefreak.tv all the time...never had a single problem with it.

It's fast and up to date on most anime.

Source(s): Use it daily

i dont belive that it is. personally, i use animefuel.com and animeseason.com because it doesnt give me viruses, but they use megavideo, so i can only watch for a limited amount of time. when that happens, i go to instantz.net because it uses veoh, which has no limit. it's really good because it doesnt give viruses, and has barely any commercials.

enjoy :)

• DKsaNn6 years agoReport

lol so many website hoping just stick with one man. Heck just use animefreak its pretty good. Websites that use megavideo or mega-etc etc tend to be 3rd party websites so i wouldnt recommend using those