Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSurfing · 10 years ago

I want to start longboarding. What is a good longboard for me?

I'm 13 years old and im really having fun longboarding on my friends board and i wanna buy one for myself. I weight 115 pounds and im 5'4. What would be good for me to just cruise around my neighborhood. Prince range: 100-200 $. Thanks

Favorite Answer

Justin, Here are 2 Sector 9 boards to check out. The first one is the Sector 9 Teahupoo http://www.apertureboardshop.com/SPD/sector-9-teah... pronounced Choe poo from is the most popular shape from the Sector 9 Bamboo Series. Teahupoo is the 4th Bamboo Pintail Longboard graphic from Sector 9. It follows the ever popular Pipeline and before that the Uluwatu. The Teahopoo is the longest skateboard in Sector 9's Bamboo Series. A fast and smooth riding board the "Teahupoo" is a must have. The deck features a "W" concave and mild camber to add to its strength while still allowing a nice amount of flex. The flex from the bamboo gives the extra energy into each carving turn you do.

The second board is the Sector 9 BHNC http://www.apertureboardshop.com/SPD/sector-9-bhnc... This is the longboard you are looking for if you are into SPEED. The BHNC has been a staple board in the Sector 9 Platinum Series for years now. The BHNC is a great board that can handle tons of speed with the wider, deeper concave deck and the Gulwing Charger Trucks. This longboard is a perfect fit for the adrenaline junkie. Sector 9 Built this longboard for the skater with a little extra attitude, the Bomb Hills Not Countries board is pressed with 8 plies of maple in a taco mold for extra stiffness. The board shape and mold are designed to be ultra responsive to the rider's commands. Great for higher speed carving and taking control of tougher steeper terrain. I hope this helps in your search for a longboard. Good luck!

There's lots of great boards for your size in the price range you mentioned. Earthwing Skateboards out of brooklyn makes an awesome all around deck called the Supermodel that is only $100 for just the deck. Other good decks to start out on for your budget would be the Comet Voodoo Doll, the Landyachtz Chief or the Eastside Longboards Rocky Bomber. The deck is usually the biggest variable for price. Wheels/trucks and bearings usually add up to be about $80-$100 more than the deck. The people at Motion Boardshop really know what they're talking about and can help you find the right board. You can hit them up for live chat on their website and chat with an expert.

sector nine pin tail just go to sector nine . com check out all the boards a lot are under 200 dollars you dont have to get a pintail i prefer carving boards

hawaiin koa arbor board